Emeril’s Turkey Club Casserole: One-Dish of Delicious

Turkey Club Casserole

I read a plethora of magazines, cookbooks, newspaper articles, and blogs about food, so there has to be some way to keep tabs on what I hope to create in my next kitchen adventure.  For cookbooks or magazines, there is always a stack of post-it notes nearby to mark pages. Emeril’s new cookbook, Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders is flagged all over; each pot has a fantastic recipe waiting to fill it. On this occasion, it was the casserole dish doing its rotation with Turkey Club Casserole.

When reviewing the recipe, I immediately thought of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner leftovers.  Many families prepare both turkey and ham during the holidays and this recipe incorporates both. Imagine the layers of a turkey club sandwich—bread, turkey, bacon, cheese, ham—layered in a deep dish, covered in an egg royale, and baked golden brown. The egg-soaked bread forms a crust over the oozing cheese and meats, reminiscent of the favorite lunchtime club sandwich, yet warm and satisfying.

We went one step further to make it gluten-free so our daughter could enjoy it too.  A good loaf of brown rice bread, sweet rice flour for the Béchamel sauce, gluten-free meats, and the recipe easily converted to a gluten-free meal.  One daughter who was absent from dinner, enjoyed the leftovers so much the next day, she came into the office to proclaim, “I don’t know what you made last night, but it was GOOD!”  I told her it was Emeril’s Turkey Club Casserole, which didn’t mean much to her, she just knew it was delicious.  Ah, music to our ears, the unsolicited delight of those we serve.

Turkey Club Casserole with Roasted Asparagus

Click on the Photo for Pre-order Info

Since first posting this review, Emeril demonstrated this recipe on the Rachael Ray Show and she included the recipe on her site. To view the video and get the recipe, just click on this link:

Emeril’s Turkey Club Casserole Recipe

Order a copy of Emeril’s Sizzling Skillets so you too can enjoy this and more than 130 other delectable recipes!

Disclosure: For my participation in The Secret Ingredient’s One-Pot Blogger Cooking Party, I received a copy of Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders, a jar of Emeril’s Essence seasoning, and a set of Emeril – by zak! Table Art 7-piece. Once the party concludes, upon my successful completion, I will receive a $50 grocery reimbursement and a set of Emeril’s cookbooks.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Emeril’s Turkey Club Casserole: One-Dish of Delicious

1. frugalfeeding September 19, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

This looks incredible, just incredible. Nice one!

2. sunkix4 September 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

Looks amazing! And definitely inspiring!

3. 30AEATS (@fromagechick) September 19, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

Really looks yummy!!wish you could send me a piece!!

4. Raymund September 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

That step by step process makes me hungry, great recipe!

5. Savory Simple September 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

This looks fantastic!

6. Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide September 19, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

I’m seriously salivating!

7. Donna Currie September 19, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

Great that you were able to make it gluten free!

8. Chris @ TheKeenanCookbook September 20, 2011 at 6:14 am #

This looks really good! We make a Reuben casserole, similar idea, so I think we’d love this. You really can’t beat one pot wonders, both for simplicity and taste :)

9. Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray September 20, 2011 at 6:27 am #

This one looked so good–but I was a little scared off by what must be an off the charts calorie count! I bet it tastes amazing though!

10. A buck twenty-five September 20, 2011 at 8:20 am #

This looks like a great and simple recipe! I hadn’t even connected using the holiday meal leftovers. Such a great idea.

11. Hannah (BitterSweet) September 20, 2011 at 8:45 am #

Wow… This is kind of a mind-blowing concept to me. A baked sandwich casserole. I’m so intrigued! It seems like the perfect thing to prep in advance and serve to a crowd, perhaps for the holidays….

12. The Elegant Eggplant September 20, 2011 at 9:00 am #

What an amazing idea! I cant wait to get Emeril’s book… I need more one pot meals in my life, especially in my dishwasher-less apt :)

13. diabeticFoodie September 20, 2011 at 10:13 am #

I know some folks who might like this after Thanksgiving! Nice touch with the asparagus.

14. Stefanie September 20, 2011 at 11:31 am #

This looks great! It’s so interesting to make sandwiches in a casserole! Love the idea of the egg soak… kind of like a Monte Cristo in a sense :)

15. Tara Evans September 30, 2011 at 10:35 am #

Wow, after seeing a pic of this, now I want to make it! I think I just read the title and thought, “eh… I think I’ll make something a little more interesting than a turkey club, but thanks anyway Emeril.” haha… Now that I see how it’s put together and how beautifully it presents on the plate – I love this idea! Thanks for making this one :-)

16. Katie November 3, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Can the Turkey Club Casserole be made a day ahead

• Judy November 3, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

Hmm, the recipe indicates “up to” 2 hours for the egg-cream mixture be refrigerated once it is poured over the sandwiches. I think you could assemble the sandwiches the day before and then put the egg-cream mixture on the following day, following the rest of the recipe from there.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. One-Pot Blogger of the Week « The Secret Ingredient - September 21, 2011

[…] Turkey Club Casserole […]

2. Emeril’s “BLT” Risotto: Making Skillets Sizzle | Savoring Today - September 26, 2011

[…] received a well-rounded inside look with Cajun Shrimp Stew, Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry, Turkey Club Casserole, Wok-Seared Duck Salad, Rigatoni with A Beefy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce, and now “BTL” […]

3. Tuscan White Bean Soup with Broccoli Rabe: One Last Stirring of the Pot | Savoring Today - October 1, 2011

[…] and Other One-Pot Wonders is now available! Cajun Shrimp Stew, Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry, Turkey Club Casserole, Wok-Seared Duck Salad, Rigatoni with A Beefy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce, “BTL” Risotto and more […]