Getting To Know You Series ~ Blogging Fun

Balloon Flowers - beauty close up-1

Some of my favorite posts from other bloggers is when I feel like we’ve had a cup of coffee together. Like sitting at the table chatting about the latest, with little peeks of insight into what makes them tick. When Mandy at The Complete Cook Book gave a look into her world and extended an open invitation to do the same, I was ready to pull up a chair and pour another cup.

There are no rules, though I would ask that you link back to this post as well as Mandy’s, so we can get to know you a little better too. Just copy the questions and speak for yourself.

1.  What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?

Coffee, bold, from a French press, with honey and half & half.

2.  What is your favorite alcoholic drink?

Red wine, Malbec and Merlot.

3.  What is your favorite food?

T-Bone steak on a wood grill. And yes, I must chew on the bone to truly savor a great T-bone, so I cannot order this at a restaurant and remain civilized.

4.  What is your least favorite food?

Liver and eggplant.

5.  What do you eat that others think is really weird?

Goat meat. I grew up on a farm and we raised goats, so we ate goat. When I purchased goat chops (honestly that just sounds odd, even to me) at the farmers market a few years ago, the family was not thrilled.

6.  What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?

Bolognese or soup. I believe both require a little love stirred-in and a relationship has developed by the time it’s done.

7.  If you could only choose one, would it be sweet or savory?

Savory

8.  What time do you usually eat your dinner during the week?

6:30 pm

9.  What kitchen item/s have you never owned?

A stockpot. However, I have stored and used my neighbor’s for more than 10 years. If either of us ever move, I’ll be forced to finally buy one.

10. What tip would you give to a newbie cooker / baker?

Don’t’ give up, it’s worth the effort, learning to cook will serve you and others your entire life.

11. What is the best vegetarian dish you have eaten?

Portabella Mushrooms with Blue Cheese & Vegetable Stuffing

12. What is the easiest meal you can cook?

Grilled Tri-Tip Roast

13. If you could only grow 3 herbs in your garden, what would you grow?

Basil, thyme, and parsley.

14. What would you use as a substitute for salt?

Tamari (like soy sauce, but little or no wheat) or fish sauce

15. What 5 items would you pack for a quick and easy picnic or day out?

Cold roasted chicken, Gouda cheese, crackers, sliced Fuji apples, and tea.

, ,

11 Responses to Getting To Know You Series ~ Blogging Fun

1. ChgoJohn August 17, 2013 at 5:30 am #

Great set of answers, Judy. I’ll remember not to serve liver & onions nor eggplant when you visit and if I can find a source for goat meat, we’ll have grilled goat chops. :)
    ChgoJohn recently posted..The Bartolini Family RisottoMy Profile

2. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef August 17, 2013 at 6:07 am #

What a clever idea. I went to dinner with some girlfriends this week to an Indian restaurant and 3 of the women were raving about the goat curry. You’d fit right in. :)
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Irish Brick CakeMy Profile

3. mimi August 17, 2013 at 9:09 am #

I did this, too!!! Thanks for the idea! http://chefmimiblog.com/2013/08/17/getting-to-know-you/
    mimi recently posted..Getting to Know YouMy Profile

4. john@kitchenriffs August 17, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Great idea! I’ve had goat before and it’s quite good. Years ago I used to regularly visit West Texas on business, and out there they raise goats and sheep galore. Most people I met loved goat and turned up their noses at lamb (they grew sheep for the wool, and considered the animals “dirty”). Goat barbecue is the best! Fun post – thanks.
    john@kitchenriffs recently posted..The Scorpion CocktailMy Profile

5. Karen (Back Road Journal) August 17, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

It is always fun learning more about the bloggers we follow. I had roasted baby goat at a friends home in Rome. She said it was the same meal she would serve if the Pope ever came to visit her.
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted..A Splash Of Summer ColorMy Profile

6. Lizzy (Good Things) August 17, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

What a fun idea! xo
    Lizzy (Good Things) recently posted..Steak and mushrooms – two ways, cooked in a wokMy Profile

7. Raymund August 18, 2013 at 2:17 am #

It never crossed my mind that you love t-bone steaks and chewing on the bones :)
    Love doing them with bones as well
    Raymund recently posted..Guest Post : MJ from MJs Kitchen featuring CalabacitasMy Profile

8. Mandy - The Complete Cook Book August 18, 2013 at 9:17 am #

Judy, thank you so much for joining in the fun! This really is a fun way to get to know each other a little better. I would love to join you for a picnic and my hubby will only grill with wood – he says it’s not a real “braai” as we call it if you don’t use wood and we too thoroughly enjoy a T-Bone on fire.
    Have a happy week ahead.
    :-) Mandy xo
    Mandy – The Complete Cook Book recently posted..Getting to know you series -1My Profile

9. Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com August 19, 2013 at 6:18 am #

I love this – what an awesome way to get to know each other!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted..Browned Butter, Rhubarb, Blackberry Scones with White Chocolate Drizzle!My Profile

10. Jayne August 19, 2013 at 8:31 am #

I love this idea, really enjoyed reading your answers! I admit to never having nor ever wanting o try goat!

11. mjskit August 20, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

What fun! Great questions and even better answers!
    mjskit recently posted..Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and BasilMy Profile