A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
Last week I hosted a brunch, invited a few friends to join me, and made this Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust for the occasion. I am better, life is better, when I’ve had time with good friends around my table—it is pure joy. It wasn’t always that way. At one point in my [...]
I don’t know about you, but I can get into a ho-hum kind of food funk, the uninspired we’re having tacos again kind of rut where dinner is just another task marking the conclusion of another day. Nothing savored, no flashes of cooking brilliance, no mmm lingering in the air. Like having a favorite color, mmm [...]
It’s been so long now do you even remember the curry adventure we began months ago with Basic Chicken Curry? What about the Beef Massaman? Oh, I hope so. Curry-Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry-Spiced Butternut Squash Soup is a two-fer, two recipes that can be meshed into one or enjoyed separately, but ultimately inviting [...]
Holiday baking is a big deal at our house, a time when chocolates, cookies, and Christmas Stollen are penciled into the calendar just like parties. As much as I love our tradition of baking and candy making, it isn’t without a fair amount of compromise to our food philosophy of avoiding refined flour and [...]
Forget everything you know about spices. Forget that cinnamon and nutmeg are baking spices. Forget that you think cayenne is spicy. Forget about separating cooking spices from baking spices in your cabinet. Forget it all. Only then will you be open to all the possibilities. That is curry. For the next hour, Chef Victor [...]
While browsing some of my favorite blogs yesterday morning, the mere mention of crystallized ginger rearranged my entire day. I had to make something with warming, chewy, gingery-ness—to go with a cup of tea, preferably. Inspiration hit and I was out the door with my grocery list faster than you can say almond flour. [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...