There is something about ricotta cheese I simply adore. Maybe it’s the way it cradles companion flavors, softens the tone and enriches the texture of any dish. Or maybe it is the way ricotta partners with a layer of sauce, balancing the nuance of herbs, acidic tomato, and meat. In these Cheese & Spinach Stuffed [...]
Always on the lookout to make recipes healthier as well as great tasting, awhile back I was looking for healthy desserts. You know something I could feel good about eating, but would also make my eyes roll all the way back in my head with sheer delight. Yeah, that kind. It would have to involve [...]
A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for March 19, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Once again our highlights from last week could be prepared for the same meal—I love it when that happens! It’s like you all get together and coordinate recipes, which is a great [...]
Who loves Pad Thai? We do! Every sauce-soaked noodle, crunchy peanut, fresh cilantro and lime part of it! Spicy? Yes, but not scorched-earth spicy (a.k.a. Thai hot), I prefer just-gets-your-attention spicy, somewhere around medium, please. I’m not looking for a bead of sweat to form on my brow unless I’m trying to finish a [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for March 12, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Our highlights from last week came together quickly as I recognized they can all be made for the same meal and they all sound delicious. Sometimes things just fall into place like [...]
Last week I hosted a brunch, invited a few friends to join me, and made this Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust for the occasion. I am better, life is better, when I’ve had time with good friends around my table—it is pure joy. It wasn’t always that way. At one point in my [...]
A good friend is one who shows up on your door step with a pot of soup when they know you could use a little TLC. I have such friends, which is how I discovered this comforting chicken soup. My friend, Helen, knew I was sick so she did what we’ve all done—she pulled together [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for February 26, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! It never fails … somehow my garden gets a slow start (or no start) because I wait too long to turn the soil, order seeds, or make plans for rotation and such. [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- personal retirement planning software: Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across t...
- Equinox review: Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but ...
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...