I was so delighted to see Rebecca’s email last week about her favorite Christmas things. Rebecca is a good friend of mine and her kids are absolutely adorable. They hold a very special place in my heart, as I had the distinct privilege of teaching them the proper way to eat ice cream—you know, [...]
While browsing some of my favorite blogs yesterday morning, the mere mention of crystallized ginger rearranged my entire day. I had to make something with warming, chewy, gingery-ness—to go with a cup of tea, preferably. Inspiration hit and I was out the door with my grocery list faster than you can say almond flour. [...]
In our front yard is a commingled grouping of crab apple trees boasting fragrant pink and white blossoms each spring, which in turn feeds wildlife (and not so wild neighbors) in the fall. One side of the grouping is a Japanese Crabapple (pink blossoms) with small, dark red berry-shaped sour fruit, unfit for anything [...]
One way you can tell October has arrived is the abundance of spice lattes, savory soups, and comforting baked goods with plenty of pumpkin in the mix. The canned pumpkin in my pantry has been calling to me for weeks, but I waited for the weather to cool just a smidgen before firing up [...]
Life is about to change … Change can be good and bad. I have found it is most often bittersweet, as even the good requires letting go of something and the bad can open doors to possibilities we never imagined. This is good change. Remember the post about Gluten Free Chocolate Cake celebrating Kayla’s [...]
As much as we wanted to experience the countryside and wineries of Greve, Italy, the wood fired pizza was an equally memorable part of our excursion there. Anyone who has had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into the crisp crust, rich tomatoes, handmade cheese, and olive oil appreciates the glorious simplicity of classic Italian [...]
Last weekend we attended another beautiful wedding for the daughter of our friends. All the usual festivities were in place with carefully selected music, scripted vows read from their electronic device of choice (that still got messed up when she said “to be my wife” instead of husband — oops!), cute as a button [...]
Giving away a cookbook is a special treat. Encouraging friends and family to gather at the table and commune over a homemade meal is what stirs my passion for the kitchen and the keyboard. And I love cookbooks, so much potential within their pages. Will a single ingredient inspire? Will the storytelling photos be enough [...]
Limoncello Tiramisu, Lemon Pudding Cakes, Lemon-Lovers Ice Cream, Candied Lemon Peels, a Birthday and Forgiveness
That title is a mouthful and that’s a lot of lemon, but it was a big week. We all want life to be wonderful, birthdays to be special, and dessert to be the exclamation point on top of it all. At least, that’s what I want. Nevertheless, sometimes the timing is off. Way off. Things [...]
Successfully making Parmesan Sprouted Whole Wheat Bagels inspired a happy dance at my house. A bona fide, get your hands up, twist and shout, tickled pink sort of dance in the middle of the kitchen. Why so giddy? Well, as any parent can attest, making healthy food choices is a great idea until you try [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...