Would you believe that in 28 years of cooking and loving food, last week was the first time I ever made Sloppy Joes? If I am going to make a sandwich out of ground beef, my husband would much prefer a hamburger, hence no Joes of any kind, sloppy or otherwise. Growing up in the [...]
This weekend I am co-hosting a bridal shower and the goal is to create a completely gluten-free menu. You see, my friend was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago and routinely has to either bring her own food or eat beforehand when attending gatherings. It really bums her out. There is something special [...]
Flogging Molly set the mood, while fresh baked rye buns were prepped and ready to hold all we had assembled for our Reuben Sandwiches. As I mentioned in the previous post Sprouted Rye Sandwich Buns, from the time the rye flour was ordered I’d been scheming to build a Reuben sandwich in honor of St. [...]
As soon as the Sprouted Wheat Burger Buns were pulled from the oven, plans for other flavors and seed toppings danced in my head (sometime this can be dangerous). Since I have always been a huge fan of rye bread, it seemed only fitting to make Light Rye Sandwich Buns for Reubens on St. Patrick’s [...]
The thought of Sprouted Wheat Burger Buns might stir memories of disappointment, if not a solemn vow of, tried it, and not going to spend six dollars on hockey puck bread again, thank you. I disliked the sprouted buns we found in the store so much I gave up eating a bun with my burger all [...]
There is just something wonderful about discovering good food and sharing it with friends. Whenever I have the good fortune of trying great, new products the first thing I want to do is invite you all to pull up a seat at the table. I would like nothing more than to sit face to face [...]
When you post a Sprouted Wheat French Bread recipe and you get an email from a company offering to send you a sample of their sprouted grain products, that my friends, is serendipity. Which is exactly what happened and I am a new fan of Columbia County Bread and Granola. As I mentioned in my [...]
When we decided to eliminate white flour from our diet years ago, a good French baguette was the one thing I missed most. Bread with soup, bruschetta, crostinis with baked brie, homemade croutons, and garlic bread were all off the menu until I could find or make a better alternative. Converting from white to whole [...]
Donna Lorrig and Bruce Valk are the lucky winners of The Food52 Cookbook giveaway! Thank you, everyone, who participated in the giveaway—it is great to be able to pass along new, inspiring cookbooks. Ancho Chili-Cinnamon Chocolate Bark was so inspiring, we included it in our holiday baking, one of the reasons you didn’t hear from [...]
Our third and final recipe from The Food52 Cookbook review was a sweet surprise considering there is and entire lemon in the mix. Yes, that’s right, no zesting or juicing required—remove the seeds, trim the ends, and you are ready to go. Lemon lovers that we are, we used regular lemon in place of the [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- personal retirement planning software: Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across t...
- Equinox review: Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but ...
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...