It has been a while since I’ve had creative time in the kitchen; we’ve been in maintenance mode since the end of June. A string of easy, go-to meals became a real lifeline … sometimes dependable, get-it-on-the-table (boring) is what life demands. Yes, even food bloggers have seasons when inspiration is lacking and we rely [...]
As much as we wanted to experience the countryside and wineries of Greve, Italy, the wood fired pizza was an equally memorable part of our excursion there. Anyone who has had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into the crisp crust, rich tomatoes, handmade cheese, and olive oil appreciates the glorious simplicity of classic Italian [...]
What is it about Italian food? Is it the simplicity of fresh flavors we love so much? I have often wondered if basil comes in a perfume … the sweet aroma draws me in like nothing else. Garlic? Oh yes, please. Cheese, bread, wine … yes, the Italians have got it goin’ on. Then there [...]
Years ago I used balsamic vinegar for marinades and salad dressings, thinking I was a culinary genius (ah, youth). Although I still use what we call balsamic in the U.S. for these same applications, our trip to Italy opened my eyes to true balsamic vinegar. The sweet, tangy, complex, thick syrup garnishing our cheese plate [...]
In March, the food world turns its attention to everything green in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, but for me the focus is on four weddings in the next two months. Since I am involved in three of the bridal showers, ivory and white have overshadowed the green theme. In the midst of planning appetizers [...]
When I made this Lentil and Sausage Soup, it was delightfully easy and its flavor impressive. Surprised by numerous recipes calling for “just throw everything in the pot” once the sausage browned; I struggled a little with not layering the flavors, skeptical of great taste with so little effort. Melding a few promising recipes into one, [...]
As our One-Pot Blogger Party ends, we conclude with a hearty pot of Tuscan White Bean Soup—with soup, there is always enough for everyone. Thank you for joining me over the last three weeks in reviewing Emeril’s newest collection of recipes in Simmering Skillets and Other One Pot Wonders. I am honored Savoring Today was [...]
Each week as I review scores of recipes for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I am reminded of the endless possibilities in the culinary world—flavors, textures, temperatures, all waiting to be explored. Like any great adventure, disappointment and thrill are part of the risk and reward. Last week, the Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta was a disappointment. However, [...]
This is one of those recipes I have had tucked away for a long time–anything with six cloves of garlic has promise, right. Pasta dishes are ideal for a quick weeknight meal, use Tinkyada brown rice pasta and it’s gluten-free too. Basil is at its peak right now, available at most farmers markets—I anticipate that [...]
Simple Italy is a blog that I follow (yes, it does feed my inner Italian) and when this recipe arrived in my inbox this morning, I instantly found inspiration for Test Kitchen Tuesday. I simply cannot wait to try this dish! It is no secret that we love Italian food, but Spaghetti Al Farouk is [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...