Who loves Pad Thai? We do! Every sauce-soaked noodle, crunchy peanut, fresh cilantro and lime part of it! Spicy? Yes, but not scorched-earth spicy (a.k.a. Thai hot), I prefer just-gets-your-attention spicy, somewhere around medium, please. I’m not looking for a bead of sweat to form on my brow unless I’m trying to finish a [...]
A good friend is one who shows up on your door step with a pot of soup when they know you could use a little TLC. I have such friends, which is how I discovered this comforting chicken soup. My friend, Helen, knew I was sick so she did what we’ve all done—she pulled together [...]
I don’t know about you, but I can get into a ho-hum kind of food funk, the uninspired we’re having tacos again kind of rut where dinner is just another task marking the conclusion of another day. Nothing savored, no flashes of cooking brilliance, no mmm lingering in the air. Like having a favorite color, mmm [...]
It’s been so long now do you even remember the curry adventure we began months ago with Basic Chicken Curry? What about the Beef Massaman? Oh, I hope so. Curry-Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry-Spiced Butternut Squash Soup is a two-fer, two recipes that can be meshed into one or enjoyed separately, but ultimately inviting [...]
I know bacon recipes have almost become cliché on food blogs, but bacon captures attention like a bride walking down the aisle—no one turns away, all eyes are where they’re supposed to be … on the bacon recipe. Can the love of bacon be strong enough to handle one more? Yes. Besides, this isn’t all [...]
Turkey sandwiches are no cancellation prize around our house after Thanksgiving, built on leftover dinner rolls makes them even better. Beyond the sought-after sandwich, there are the remaining bits and pieces to be gathered for soup or casserole dishes and for reasons I haven’t yet figured out, there is something about using every last scrap [...]
The curry adventure continues … Before we shift gears and start thinking about roasted turkeys and holiday baking next week, it seemed only fitting to follow-up curried fowl with a little curried cow. It was a lot of fun sharing the Basic Chicken Curry recipe and my notes from the curry class with you [...]
Forget everything you know about spices. Forget that cinnamon and nutmeg are baking spices. Forget that you think cayenne is spicy. Forget about separating cooking spices from baking spices in your cabinet. Forget it all. Only then will you be open to all the possibilities. That is curry. For the next hour, Chef Victor [...]
Have you discovered quinoa yet? Go ahead, say it with me — Keen-wah This ancient South American grain the Incas called “the mother of all grains” has become increasingly popular here in the U.S. since it was introduced in the 1990′s. We first discovered quinoa a couple of years ago when searching for alternatives [...]
When sharing the recipe for Broccoli-Cauliflower Gratin last week, I included a quick note about turning the leftovers into soup. After a friend commented and asked for more details about the soup idea, I realized how often I assume necessary steps have been communicated when in fact, they haven’t. Thankfully, my friend took the [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...