So, you have dinner on the table with the last ounce of energy you could muster for the day and the thought comes to you, how I can garnish it? … Uh, hardly. I know, it should be enough to have dinner done every day, but a simple garnish can transform a meal from ho-hum [...]
Simple Italy is a blog that I follow (yes, it does feed my inner Italian) and when this recipe arrived in my inbox this morning, I instantly found inspiration for Test Kitchen Tuesday. I simply cannot wait to try this dish! It is no secret that we love Italian food, but Spaghetti Al Farouk is [...]
Salmon season is in full swing in the Northwest and Alaska with renewed optimism among fishing communities. Pricing should reflect the increase in supply, so it is time to think about wild salmon when planning your menus. Blackened, grilled, or broiled, this Dill Sauce for seafood will complement any preparation method. Fish takes only a [...]
In addition to cookbooks, I love browsing cooking magazines. Gwyneth Paltrow was featured in the June issue of Bon Appétit, highlighting her new cookbook, My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness. I don’t know yet if I will become a big fan of her cookbook, but I do like her attitude toward [...]
It’s Test Kitchen Tuesday, so it is time to add something new to the recipe collection. Seafood Lo Mein sounds so good right now, I am looking forward to trying this recipe I discovered on emerils.com—the sesame oiled noodle cake really piques my interest. Just glancing at the ingredient list, I can tell already that [...]
Crispy prosciutto, herb-infused goat cheese, and shrimp all rolled together into an exquisite appetizer for our Sweetheart Dinner. We enjoyed it so much we think it would be great served with a garden salad for an easy weekday meal. Appetizer or main dish, this recipe is sure to bring out the oohs and aahs in [...]
Grilling Tips: Gas or briquettes, it doesn’t matter, if you’ve got ‘em, light ‘em. So what do you do when you have a Saturday in February with temperatures above 50°? Grill here; grill now. As much as I love the soups and comfort foods of winter, it is so good to enjoy the reminiscent flavors [...]
Wild-caught salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to a healthy diet. Fish is one of those areas of life it is best to go wild. It is superior in taste and nutrition to farm raised, which can be a host for unwanted contaminants. For additional information about the differences between wild and farm [...]
When Colorado weather hits the 60′s in January, it is time to take a break from the comfort foods of winter and grill a steak. Inspired to take it up a notch, I decided to accent the steaks with Shrimp Scampi—AMAZING! Grilled first then finished in the pan of scampi, the butter, wine, and garlic [...]
Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special. Serve with crusty bread to capture every garlic-lemon-butter bite. Print Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant Serves: Serves 4 Ingredients1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined 1/4 [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Thanks Paul, I appreciate the feedback, it helps m...
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...