Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special. Serve with crusty bread to capture every garlic-lemon-butter bite. Print Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant Serves: Serves 4 Ingredients1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined 1/4 [...]
Part of Tex-Mex cuisine, fajitas is grilled skirt steak served with onions and peppers to fill warmed tortillas. This recipe, though less traditional, incorporates the flavors of lime, cumin, and smoke flavoring in the Fajita Seasoning Mix for a non-grilled version ideal for a one-skillet supper. Increase the mushrooms and feed a crowd or play-up [...]
Turkey Pot Pie was scheduled for dinner, but since life did not go as planned, I ended up with less time than I needed to prepare it. Since the filling is cooked on top of the stove anyway, I decided to save the oven time by skipping the pastry and used biscuits instead. There was [...]
When I told my daughter I was making Chicken Saltimbocca for dinner, she said, “What’s that?” My response: bacon on chicken. Technically, that is not true, but it is the best short answer I could think of and it describes the essence of this dish. Prosciutto is Italian cured ham, which imparts a savory, [...]
Seafood Chowder has always been a family favorite, though I don’t get around to making it often because it is a little involved. I passed this recipe on to a friend of mine (a devout non-cook) who conscripted her son to help make it. During the holidays he asked me why I would go to [...]
Smoky bean soup and sweet cornbread go together like movies and popcorn—cannot imagine one without the other. Bean soup is one of my favorite post-holiday meals because if its simplicity and delicious use of leftovers. This particular recipe uses smoked turkey, but a ham bone can be substituted (just in case you saved that [...]
Stock has not only culinary, but medicinal uses as well. It is ideal as a base for soups or to sip as a broth when feeling ill. This recipe is derived from Sally Fallon’s Nourishing Traditions cookbook. Any time you have bones leftover from a baked chicken or turkey, freeze until you are ready to [...]
Curry Chicken Salad is a popular menu item for a luncheon or afternoon tea, but I do not often think to make it at home. Just a couple handfuls of ingredients creates a refreshing lunch or light dinner—too good to reserve for dining-out only. Upon reviewing recipes, it was apparent how easy this salad [...]
Soup warms and comforts when winter sets in. Melt away the chill or indulge a New Year’s resolution to eat right, butternut squash soup will not disappoint. This nutrient-packed soup boasts vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin A—taking better care of yourself never tasted so good! Some recipes accentuate the natural sweetness of this [...]
In the midst of compiling recipes for a cookbook, I pay attention when my husband says, “this just made it into the top 10″ while eating dinner. It’s not a new recipe, but rather than making do with I had on-hand to pull it together, we made a trip to the store for fresh ingredients. [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...