In March, the food world turns its attention to everything green in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, but for me the focus is on four weddings in the next two months. Since I am involved in three of the bridal showers, ivory and white have overshadowed the green theme. In the midst of planning appetizers [...]
This drawing ended on Saturday, October 1st, 2011. We are in the final week of Emeril’s One-Pot Blogger Party finishing in style and celebrating the release of Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders by giving away Zak! Table Art 7-piece Flame-Shaped Serving Bowls. You are going to love these! The bright red color is ideal [...]
When the email arrived from The Secret Ingredient with three recipes we could share from Emeril’s Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders, I admit, there was a hint of skepticism when I saw this one. Not really a big fan of duck, but I knew I could not recommend something I hadn’t tried. Although there [...]
Labor Day became a federal holiday 117 years ago, marked by parades and parties recognizing trade and labor organizations. Today, families enjoy one last vacation before school starts, NFL and college football seasons begin, and backyard parties abound. If entertaining or creating a dish for a potluck is on the agenda for this three-day weekend, [...]
The challenge of creating a meal from whatever is on-hand generates flavor combinations I would not otherwise consider. This Spinach-Cherry Salad was one of those use-what-you’ve-got weekday meals, which brought words like serendipity to mind. An abundance of organic cherries from a sale at King Soopers, leftover Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken, an orange and cilantro [...]
So, you have dinner on the table with the last ounce of energy you could muster for the day and the thought comes to you, how I can garnish it? … Uh, hardly. I know, it should be enough to have dinner done every day, but a simple garnish can transform a meal from ho-hum [...]
Before loading the blanket in the car and heading for the annual fireworks and funnel cakes extravaganza, something has to hit the grill for the evening barbecue. Everyone has a favorite that speaks “July 4th backyard barbecue” to them—pasta salad, watermelon, hamburgers, macaroni salad, baked beans, BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, steaks, apple pie, and [...]
Coleslaw is a fresh, crisp, traditional barbecue companion. As much as I love classic slaw made with cabbage, it is inspiring to find new, creative ways to use the abundance of summer produce available now. In a recent issue of Bon Appétit, there was a variety of beautiful and creative combinations for slaw to accompany [...]
If you’ve had the pleasure of Caesar salad prepared tableside at a restaurant or made fresh for dinner, you already know there is no bottled dressing that compares. Clinging to crisp Romaine, the lemon, anchovy, and Parmesan anchor bold, rich flavors, the egg’s creaminess is unmatched. There are always variations, even for the classics—anchovy or [...]
Of course, you can throw the usual burgers and brats on the grill, but if you’re feeding more than a handful of people burgers can be dry or cold before your guests get one on a bun. BBQ Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are an ideal choice to feed a crowd. Easily prepared ahead [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...