Simple appetizer, snack, or lunchtime centerpiece, artisan cheese with honey and aged balsamic vinegar always reminds me of Italy. The first time we experienced cheese presented in this way was in Colle Val d’Elsa, a small town in Tuscany, it was just one more thing we fell in love with there. The sweet server in [...]
While preparing to tackle the Test Kitchen Tuesday recipes I stumbled across this recipe from The Nourishing Gourmet for Bacon Irish Soda Bread—honestly, it had me at Bacon (the photo is amazing too). According to Jim Gaffigan, bacon is the fairy dust of the food world, making everything better! I thought I would pass it [...]
Thursday is St. Patrick’s Day so early on I wanted to make Irish food this week. We don’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s; however, I see it as a fun way to learn and expand the recipe file, which is what Test Kitchen Tuesday is all about. Even though corned beef and cabbage is a common meal [...]
When grocery budgets tighten, it is no wonder that meals become simpler with the inclusion of worldwide staples like beans and rice. In my opinion, the folks in Louisiana have the right combination with the Creole classic, Red Beans & Rice. This simple dinner is not only easy on the budget, it is easy to [...]
Armed with a fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of yogurt, my Friday blog-browsing ensued. A few short months ago, I had no idea what a Blog Hop was and less of a clue there was an entire community of them in the foodie blogosphere. A plethora of new discoveries, RSS feeds, subscriptions, comments, [...]
As winter gives way to spring, make sure you adorn your dinner plates with this mild winter squash before the season ends. Acorn squash contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese, folate (folic acid), and is good source of fiber—all that in one very simple and delicious side dish. Maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg bring [...]
Today, is the start of a new project: Test Kitchen Tuesdays I am working on a cookbook and presently in the stage of proofing recipes, as well as trying new recipes that may help round-out the book. The focus of the cookbook will be to show various ways to prepare a single recipe—economize, healthier ingredient [...]
A few months ago at one of our favorite restaurants, Paravicini’s Italian Bistro, we ordered the special, which was short ribs, osso buco style—and it was special, indeed—one of the best Italian dinners we have had. We asked how it was prepared, of course, because my husband suggested I try to make it at home [...]
Perusing food blogs this morning proved especially advantageous as I added a few new recipes to my “gotta try these” list and found this lovely blog by three sisters, Like Mother Like Daughters . I am one of three sisters and we have three daughters, so it made me a little sentimental reading their story thinking [...]
Leftover Fajitas are eaten rather quickly around our house, so if there is any hope to have a Fajita Salad, we have to claim what remains right away. Fajita beef, peppers, mushrooms, and onions over a bed of tender greens and avocado with a cilantro-lime dressing will make you think twice about getting wrapped-up in [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...