Do you ever comparison shop? Well, I often comparison surf, especially when it comes to refining recipes. Many of my recipes I consider tried and true, but I am always open for suggestions to improve technique, flavor, or nutritional value. Surfing for cornbread recipes will lead you on an endless journey considering regional differences, add-ins, [...]
A few months ago, I discovered Sister’s Pantry Peanut Sauce at Whole Foods while on the hunt for new ways to prepare vegetables. It put a great new twist on quick stir-fry meals with a nutty, tangy-sweet, spice that we love. Bottled sauces and marinades have the advantage of easy, but the cost can be [...]
Each recipe I post on Savoring Today has been tested and enjoyed, personally. Today I thought it would be fun to post an untested new recipe that we could try together. Why would we do that? It just might be fun. At least, that’s this foodie’s point of view and it might even transform a good [...]
When we splurge on wild-caught shrimp for our Sweetheart Dinner appetizer, dressing it with ketchup and horseradish does not suffice. This Thai Cocktail Sauce more than fit the bill with its tangy, sweet, subtle spice culminating in a complex finish—we even dipped our Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp & Goat Cheese in it. The tell of any great [...]
Crispy prosciutto, herb-infused goat cheese, and shrimp all rolled together into an exquisite appetizer for our Sweetheart Dinner. We enjoyed it so much we think it would be great served with a garden salad for an easy weekday meal. Appetizer or main dish, this recipe is sure to bring out the oohs and aahs in [...]
As promised, I am posting the recipes from our Sweetheart Dinner last week. Dinner began with three delicious appetizers; the Bacon Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat Cheese were scrumptious. Savory herbs blended into tangy goat cheese, stuffed inside sweet dates, and wrapped with bacon for a uniquely sweet, savory, smoky appetizer. Applewood-smoked bacon from our [...]
Grilling Tips: Gas or briquettes, it doesn’t matter, if you’ve got ‘em, light ‘em. So what do you do when you have a Saturday in February with temperatures above 50°? Grill here; grill now. As much as I love the soups and comfort foods of winter, it is so good to enjoy the reminiscent flavors [...]
Wild-caught salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to a healthy diet. Fish is one of those areas of life it is best to go wild. It is superior in taste and nutrition to farm raised, which can be a host for unwanted contaminants. For additional information about the differences between wild and farm [...]
Who doesn’t like crispy hash browns resting beside their eggs for breakfast, but is there a healthier choice than classic shredded russets fried in canola oil? Yes, the answer is sweet potato hash browns cooked in coconut oil. Not really potatoes at all, sweet potatoes are rising in popularity and for good reason—savvy consumers are [...]
We celebrated a delightful Valentine’s Day on Saturday filled with soothing music, delicious food, and sweet moments. No hype, no hoopla, just us. The added bonus is that we discovered some amazing appetizer recipes that I’ll pass along soon—here’s a few pics to share for now. Amazing appetizers to start the evening.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...