A new favorite snack, these really help satisfy those mid-morning hunger pangs. I discovered the basic recipe on Enjoying Healthy Foods blog a few weeks ago, tweaked it to suit my own preferences and thought it was too good not to share. I love how easy it is to customize, that I know exactly what’s [...]
In a conversation with a 20-something friend of mine, the topic of Valentine’s Day came up. Her sentiments closely resembled those of many of the young people I talk to—Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday, NBD (no big deal). I mentioned that while you’re dating it probably doesn’t seem very different from any other date, [...]
My Ultimate Meatball Sandwich recipe was published at AT&T Food & Home, how fun is that?! When this recipe was featured last year, I made it with Ciabatta rolls purchased at the store. Now, we make these with French rolls made from soaked grains, so this delicious sandwich just got healthier. Tender meatballs dressed in [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
In my search of a notable food blog to feature today, I have to admit it was the picture of the goat that caught my eye, not the food. Raised on a goat farm, it is a natural draw for me. When I saw their blog name and focus on goat cheese, well, I was [...]
If you want a great appetizer for the weekend match-up or your next Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy, Blue Coyote Nachos are just the ticket. Inspired by nachos we had at the Blue Coyote Grill in Palm Springs years ago, this recipe is an instant favorite. Orange goopy, processed cheese peddled as food will [...]
I love soup. I love the warmth on cold days, its simplicity as a meal, how easy it is to customize. It is no wonder that it was the staple, everyday meal for generations past—economical, nutritious, filling—you can find soup recipes for any region of the country or the world. Chicken Tortilla Soup is [...]
I started blogging last year to practice writing. When endeavoring to write a book, or multiple books, the primary advice is to simply, write. Savoring Today, Overcoming Trauma, and The Stuff of Life have all been the collection point for what is inside to come out (it didn’t take long for me to realize I [...]
When Colorado weather hits the 60′s in January, it is time to take a break from the comfort foods of winter and grill a steak. Inspired to take it up a notch, I decided to accent the steaks with Shrimp Scampi—AMAZING! Grilled first then finished in the pan of scampi, the butter, wine, and garlic [...]
Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special. Serve with crusty bread to capture every garlic-lemon-butter bite. Print Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant Serves: Serves 4 Ingredients1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined 1/4 [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...