I don’t know about you, but I can get into a ho-hum kind of food funk, the uninspired we’re having tacos again kind of rut where dinner is just another task marking the conclusion of another day. Nothing savored, no flashes of cooking brilliance, no mmm lingering in the air. Like having a favorite color, mmm [...]
Having a new favorite sauce is like having a new hammer—everything starts to look like a nail, or in this case, everything on the grill looks like a smear-able recipient. When we reworked a sauce for Thai Chili Sesame Chicken Wings a few months ago, it was an instant favorite around our table. The [...]
Do you ever have the occasion to stare at a hunk of meat and wonder what it wants to be for dinner? It was a package of boneless-skinless chicken breasts that held my gaze. In general, I have a plan, but sometimes I am just not in the mood for the predictable. When that [...]
Flogging Molly set the mood, while fresh baked rye buns were prepped and ready to hold all we had assembled for our Reuben Sandwiches. As I mentioned in the previous post Sprouted Rye Sandwich Buns, from the time the rye flour was ordered I’d been scheming to build a Reuben sandwich in honor of St. [...]
Super Bowl behind us, Valentine’s Day before us, there is always a reason to enjoy good food no matter what label is used. Valentine’s Day has become a favorite time for us, especially since we began making reservations for an intimate dinner at our own table. No crowds, no pressure, dress however you please (use [...]
Let me begin with a confession. I love onion dip. You know the one with a tub of sour cream and a package of Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix…hand me some potato chips and I’m Super Bowl happy. Well, at least until the sodium and food additives hit me like a ton of bricks [...]
Last week I posted a note about Monthly (Batch) Cooking and the wide variety of meals you can prepare ahead and freeze. This Chicken Teriyaki is one of the meals we made last week from a recipe inspired by Raymond at Ang Sarap. There was a time when we used a bottled sauce, but with [...]
I like challenges, especially when it is a food challenge levied by my husband. There is no one on the planet I want to please more with efforts I bring to the dinner table. From time to time, he will mention a meal he had while traveling or point to a recipe in a cooking [...]
Each week as I review scores of recipes for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I am reminded of the endless possibilities in the culinary world—flavors, textures, temperatures, all waiting to be explored. Like any great adventure, disappointment and thrill are part of the risk and reward. Last week, the Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta was a disappointment. However, [...]
Tender lamb chops cooked over a fire accented with a Bearnaise Sauce turns a Saturday evening into a special occasion every time. Bits of rosemary and garlic cling to the loin chops, roasting along with the meat creating a fragrant, succulent lamb dinner. It is so easy to prepare you’ll wonder why you waited for [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...