A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
Happy Valentine’s Day! I’ve kinda been in a dessert mood, which happens to be at just the right time with Valentine’s Day upon us. However, I haven’t been able to decide which one to do for Valentine’s Day, which we are celebrating with dinner on Saturday. So I thought I’d share this fine list of [...]
Holiday baking is a big deal at our house, a time when chocolates, cookies, and Christmas Stollen are penciled into the calendar just like parties. As much as I love our tradition of baking and candy making, it isn’t without a fair amount of compromise to our food philosophy of avoiding refined flour and [...]
I was so delighted to see Rebecca’s email last week about her favorite Christmas things. Rebecca is a good friend of mine and her kids are absolutely adorable. They hold a very special place in my heart, as I had the distinct privilege of teaching them the proper way to eat ice cream—you know, [...]
I think of meaningful traditions, events, songs, places, and certain foods as a special place card holding a moment which declares, “It’s officially Christmas!” I have been so delighted by the notes I’ve already received for our “It Just Wouldn’t be Christmas Without It” theme this month, I can hardly wait to share them with [...]
A couple of years ago, friends and readers submitted Christmas Tradition stories, recipes, and photos to celebrate the dearest held traditions of the holidays. It was like receiving a brief welcome into cherished places in their homes. This year, you are invited to join us for It Just Wouldn’t Be Christmas Without It! A tradition could certainly [...]
We have done more than our share of feasting on board the Celebration Express lately, so this Memorial Day we will be laying low. Thankfully, there are Sprouted Wheat Buns in the freezer for BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and all the ingredients I need for Celery, Apple, and Fennel Slaw tucked away in the [...]
We have had tons to celebrate over the past few months … four weddings, three showers, four birthdays, three graduations, one engagement, and two birth announcements makes for an abundant season. Most of these events centered on friendships forged during our years of homeschooling, through the community of families attending enrichment classes. We raised our [...]
It is worse than “the holidays”, I tell ya. From mid April through the first of June, it is six straight weeks of parties, cakes, and special dinners, lined-up one behind the other around here. Only this year, it started in March and will turn out something like this—bridal shower, bridal shower, wedding, wedding, bridal [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...