Super Bowl behind us, Valentine’s Day before us, there is always a reason to enjoy good food no matter what label is used. Valentine’s Day has become a favorite time for us, especially since we began making reservations for an intimate dinner at our own table. No crowds, no pressure, dress however you please (use [...]
According to Merriam-Webster, thanksgiving is: 1: the act of giving thanks 2: a prayer expressing gratitude 3: a public acknowledgment or celebration of divine goodness I love to eat as much as I love to cook, so food-centric holiday celebrations like Thanksgiving are a real treat. My earlier posts, Thanksgiving 101 and Thanksgiving 201 addressed [...]
As I mentioned in the previous post, Thanksgiving 101, we have been hosting Thanksgiving dinner for more than twenty years in our home. Granted this meal is served only once a year, but I still get an itch to make something different and new. My family is reluctant to let me scratch that itch too much, [...]
On Face Book, I asked the question: What are your most vexing issues when planning food for the holidays or having people over? (I did include the caveat other than dealing with in-laws in an attempt to stay on topic.) As much as I expected to address dry turkeys, soggy dressing, or avoiding the trap [...]
While planning the menu for the bridal shower I was hosting, I used a couple of different recipes to accommodate those gluten-free and lactose intolerant guests. (I am reluctant to describe guests by their food sensitivities, but using their names on-line is even less appealing.) Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting anchored the [...]
My first introduction to the concept of filling a strawberry with the flavors of cheesecake was featuring a post by Nutmeg Nanny many Fridays ago. When I finally got serious about making these little gems for a bridal shower, there were tweaks to the recipe I could not resist—lemon zest is a must in [...]
Tender lamb chops cooked over a fire accented with a Bearnaise Sauce turns a Saturday evening into a special occasion every time. Bits of rosemary and garlic cling to the loin chops, roasting along with the meat creating a fragrant, succulent lamb dinner. It is so easy to prepare you’ll wonder why you waited for [...]
It is Fourth of July and folks will make some amazing patriotic themed foods this weekend. When this post from Nutmeg Nanny caught my eye last week, I quickly scooped up the recipe for a bridal shower, but then realized a single blueberry on top of this fruity, cheesecake goodness would make a fabulous red, [...]
Plenty of Grilled Squash, Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Garlic, and Bell Peppers What will your Father’s Day Menu include?
German Chocolate is the favored cake of two in our household, but the least favored of two others. We do not indulge in dessert often, birthdays being the exception. In order to honor birthday wishes and still include everyone in a celebratory cake, this “halvsies” cake has become a standard that suits everyone. Ghirardelli Grand Fudge Cake [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...