When I “Stumbled” across this cake, I was immediately transported back to high school and the challenge of the Rubik’s Cube. I had friends that would set a timer to see how fast they could solve it, while the rest of us were quite satisfied defeating the block of colored squares just once. So when [...]
Ready to have some fun? I thought so … it is Friday, after all. I grill; therefore I can judge grilling gadgets. Aside from a good grill-cleaning brush, chimney starter, and a good pair of tongs, most grilling gear is simply glorified gadgets—more for novelty than necessity. Some borderline on the ridiculous, which I have [...]
Occasionally I stumble across something so cool, I wonder how long its been “out there” while my friends neglected to tell me what I was missing… Evidently, you can buy an insert for your kettle grill and make it a pizza oven—can you say, backyard pizza party?! As far as I’m concerned, the beginning of [...]
The only time I don’t mind stumbling in life is when I Stumble across something to share for Feature Fridays. This morning, I found this video and immediately went to the kitchen, picked up a crisp gala apple and tried it. Now, I have pretty strong hands for a girl, which I credit to milking [...]
There I was, cruising food sites, minding my own business, when these Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos jumped up out of nowhere. You heard me…Bacon…Wrapped…Jalapenos. Look at them; can you imagine better cradles for cream cheese? Or a better way to introduce pork, chilies, and fire? Obvious as it might seem, there is a step-by-step recipe [...]
Years ago, I learned to organize my kitchen into work zones keeping like items together and close at hand. I can testify that those things, which were once in order, do not necessarily stay that way. Somehow, container lids are lost or mismatched at a rate only surpassed by socks. Spring is nearly here and [...]
From the time I was a small child curiosity has led me on wondrous adventures and occasionally landed me in trouble. TV shows like Dirty Jobs, This Old House, and How It’s Made are favorites because we get to see behind the scenes, how things really work. Inquiring minds want to know, right?! That same [...]
My friend LOVES hearts, everything hearts, Valentine’s Day is her favorite holiday. When I saw this photo collection of hearts in nature, I had to send it to her and of course, share it with you as our Valentine feature this Friday. Inspiring scenery to kickstart a weekend for sweethearts. Enjoy! And…just a few more [...]
As promised, next week we will continue to highlight party appetizers in anticipation of the Super Bowl—Caramelized Onion Dip and Jalapeno Crab Dip—two recipes sure to grab some attention at the table. In the meanwhile, to stay true to our theme, here are a few more links I liked for their straightforward ingredients and unique [...]
If you love to cook, you have dreamed of the ideal kitchen to practice your craft. One where the oven door and dishwasher can be open at the same time, or the work triangle is a function of design, not because the space is only slightly bigger than the hall closet. I have a wonderful [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...