Two weeks ago my daughter and I concluded a visit with family, ready to return home and sleep in our own beds. Our time in Missouri gave me a chance to proof recipes at a lower altitude and higher humidity, something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I learned that more flour [...]
Today I am savoring friendship. The kind of friendship that is close-by and reaches out during crisis and the friendship of an on-line community that brightens my day when I see their comments on a post. Raymund of Ang Sarap is one of my blogging friends and I am honored to contribute a guest post on his [...]
Five Pies in Five Days has been interrupted by the Waldo Canyon Fire currently burning in Colorado Springs. Tuesday I was welcomed home from a trip to a mandatory evacuation. We are just 4 of the more than 32,000 who have evacuated their homes, helpless to watch the smoke plumes and pray. I had been [...]
Getting ready for a trip, the last thing I want on my list is getting a new driver’s license for one of my kids. That doesn’t make the top ten on a normal schedule, but when all the requirements are met and the stars have seemingly aligned in your daughter’s favor, how do you [...]
Ready to have some fun? I thought so … it is Friday, after all. I grill; therefore I can judge grilling gadgets. Aside from a good grill-cleaning brush, chimney starter, and a good pair of tongs, most grilling gear is simply glorified gadgets—more for novelty than necessity. Some borderline on the ridiculous, which I have [...]
For Mother’s Day, all I wanted was labor (no pun intended), help to get the gardens cleaned up and planted. Matt took me shopping for the flowers, the kids provided the labor to do the planting. If we can keep the deer out of the backyard we will enjoy the produce and flowers all [...]
Occasionally I stumble across something so cool, I wonder how long its been “out there” while my friends neglected to tell me what I was missing… Evidently, you can buy an insert for your kettle grill and make it a pizza oven—can you say, backyard pizza party?! As far as I’m concerned, the beginning of [...]
One of the things on my 12 for 2012 list was implementing a new print feature for recipes and a better search feature for archives. So far, I am halfway there with easier printing, still walking in mud with the search/category stuff, but we’re making progress! In addition to the print feature, there is also [...]
Giving away a cookbook is a special treat. Encouraging friends and family to gather at the table and commune over a homemade meal is what stirs my passion for the kitchen and the keyboard. And I love cookbooks, so much potential within their pages. Will a single ingredient inspire? Will the storytelling photos be enough [...]
The only time I don’t mind stumbling in life is when I Stumble across something to share for Feature Fridays. This morning, I found this video and immediately went to the kitchen, picked up a crisp gala apple and tried it. Now, I have pretty strong hands for a girl, which I credit to milking [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...