Before you even think about arranging some sort of gathering at your house, there is one thing you must have … The phone number to your local Chinese, pizza, or sandwich delivery joint. Really? Absolutely. And you must be willing to dial the phone. Everyone needs a back up plan and the good sense to [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
The famous have their fan clubs, people who follow their every move anticipating their next song, movie, or interview. I have a few folks who LIKE my Face Book page, subscribe to this blog, share tweets from time to time about the recipes here, but fans? Only one that I really know of—my husband—and he [...]
Two weeks ago my daughter and I concluded a visit with family, ready to return home and sleep in our own beds. Our time in Missouri gave me a chance to proof recipes at a lower altitude and higher humidity, something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I learned that more flour [...]
Five Pies in Five Days has been interrupted by the Waldo Canyon Fire currently burning in Colorado Springs. Tuesday I was welcomed home from a trip to a mandatory evacuation. We are just 4 of the more than 32,000 who have evacuated their homes, helpless to watch the smoke plumes and pray. I had been [...]
Getting ready for a trip, the last thing I want on my list is getting a new driver’s license for one of my kids. That doesn’t make the top ten on a normal schedule, but when all the requirements are met and the stars have seemingly aligned in your daughter’s favor, how do you [...]
For Mother’s Day, all I wanted was labor (no pun intended), help to get the gardens cleaned up and planted. Matt took me shopping for the flowers, the kids provided the labor to do the planting. If we can keep the deer out of the backyard we will enjoy the produce and flowers all [...]
We have had tons to celebrate over the past few months … four weddings, three showers, four birthdays, three graduations, one engagement, and two birth announcements makes for an abundant season. Most of these events centered on friendships forged during our years of homeschooling, through the community of families attending enrichment classes. We raised our [...]
When close friend’s kids are old enough to get married, it feels a lot like when your own kid’s birthday candles exceed two hands and then both hands and feet, you wonder where the years went. It is the milestones of life—showers, weddings, births, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, and many others, which remind us of the [...]
This weekend I am hosting a bridal shower for a friend’s daughter, who is really more like family. Do you know what it’s like having neighbors or friends that have been through thick and thin with you and you consider their kids, your kids? Well, that is what makes this bridal shower so special. I [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...