Snow is falling once again as I write this post to share the sites and sounds of my walk in Scottsdale last weekend. The blizzard warnings last week and the current storm blanketing the Front Range were book ends to the short trip. My husband was traveling for business to play in a charity golf [...]
The famous have their fan clubs, people who follow their every move anticipating their next song, movie, or interview. I have a few folks who LIKE my Face Book page, subscribe to this blog, share tweets from time to time about the recipes here, but fans? Only one that I really know of—my husband—and he [...]
We had a marvelous time away in Santa Fe last weekend, celebrating our 24th anniversary. What a beautiful place to relax and explore. Friday, we arrived and settled into our hotel room just as a thunderstorm broke loose with sheets of rain. To the chagrin of the locals, it lasted only long enough for [...]
We have had tons to celebrate over the past few months … four weddings, three showers, four birthdays, three graduations, one engagement, and two birth announcements makes for an abundant season. Most of these events centered on friendships forged during our years of homeschooling, through the community of families attending enrichment classes. We raised our [...]
Limoncello Tiramisu, Lemon Pudding Cakes, Lemon-Lovers Ice Cream, Candied Lemon Peels, a Birthday and Forgiveness
That title is a mouthful and that’s a lot of lemon, but it was a big week. We all want life to be wonderful, birthdays to be special, and dessert to be the exclamation point on top of it all. At least, that’s what I want. Nevertheless, sometimes the timing is off. Way off. Things [...]
When close friend’s kids are old enough to get married, it feels a lot like when your own kid’s birthday candles exceed two hands and then both hands and feet, you wonder where the years went. It is the milestones of life—showers, weddings, births, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, and many others, which remind us of the [...]
When the email arrived from The Secret Ingredient with three recipes we could share from Emeril’s Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders, I admit, there was a hint of skepticism when I saw this one. Not really a big fan of duck, but I knew I could not recommend something I hadn’t tried. Although there [...]
While planning the menu for the bridal shower I was hosting, I used a couple of different recipes to accommodate those gluten-free and lactose intolerant guests. (I am reluctant to describe guests by their food sensitivities, but using their names on-line is even less appealing.) Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting anchored the [...]
For our anniversary, my husband had one request: Key Lime Cheesecake. For his birthday a few months ago, it was New York-Style Blueberry Cheesecake, and for Thanksgiving he wants Pumpkin Cheesecake … are you noticing a theme here? He always appreciates my efforts, so it is easy to oblige. When it is a special occasion, [...]
Fridays usually bring features of lighthearted food notes, but this week something meaningful warrants attention. In recent weeks, the food community gathered around Jennifer Perillo after the sudden loss of her husband, Mikey. I do not know Jennifer personally, but I do know loss and grief intimately and my heart breaks for her and their [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...