Life is about to change … Change can be good and bad. I have found it is most often bittersweet, as even the good requires letting go of something and the bad can open doors to possibilities we never imagined. This is good change. Remember the post about Gluten Free Chocolate Cake celebrating Kayla’s [...]
We had a marvelous time away in Santa Fe last weekend, celebrating our 24th anniversary. What a beautiful place to relax and explore. Friday, we arrived and settled into our hotel room just as a thunderstorm broke loose with sheets of rain. To the chagrin of the locals, it lasted only long enough for [...]
Most of the time I share photos and musings about last night’s dinner or gathering over food, but there is nothing more poignant to encourage us to savor today than the recent news streaming out of Colorado, the place I call home. Each morning I check my cell phone on the kitchen counter for battery [...]
Two weeks ago my daughter and I concluded a visit with family, ready to return home and sleep in our own beds. Our time in Missouri gave me a chance to proof recipes at a lower altitude and higher humidity, something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I learned that more flour [...]
Five Pies in Five Days has been interrupted by the Waldo Canyon Fire currently burning in Colorado Springs. Tuesday I was welcomed home from a trip to a mandatory evacuation. We are just 4 of the more than 32,000 who have evacuated their homes, helpless to watch the smoke plumes and pray. I had been [...]
Getting ready for a trip, the last thing I want on my list is getting a new driver’s license for one of my kids. That doesn’t make the top ten on a normal schedule, but when all the requirements are met and the stars have seemingly aligned in your daughter’s favor, how do you [...]
For Mother’s Day, all I wanted was labor (no pun intended), help to get the gardens cleaned up and planted. Matt took me shopping for the flowers, the kids provided the labor to do the planting. If we can keep the deer out of the backyard we will enjoy the produce and flowers all [...]
We have had tons to celebrate over the past few months … four weddings, three showers, four birthdays, three graduations, one engagement, and two birth announcements makes for an abundant season. Most of these events centered on friendships forged during our years of homeschooling, through the community of families attending enrichment classes. We raised our [...]
It is worse than “the holidays”, I tell ya. From mid April through the first of June, it is six straight weeks of parties, cakes, and special dinners, lined-up one behind the other around here. Only this year, it started in March and will turn out something like this—bridal shower, bridal shower, wedding, wedding, bridal [...]
Limoncello Tiramisu, Lemon Pudding Cakes, Lemon-Lovers Ice Cream, Candied Lemon Peels, a Birthday and Forgiveness
That title is a mouthful and that’s a lot of lemon, but it was a big week. We all want life to be wonderful, birthdays to be special, and dessert to be the exclamation point on top of it all. At least, that’s what I want. Nevertheless, sometimes the timing is off. Way off. Things [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...