This week for Test Kitchen Tuesday there are two recipes to choose from—the first, Zucchini & Tomato Sauté, is a “recipe” that I made up last night while sautéing zucchini for a veggie pizza. Since it was ad-lib in my head, there is no doubt the measurements may be off or something missing from the instructions. [...]
Simple appetizer, snack, or lunchtime centerpiece, artisan cheese with honey and aged balsamic vinegar always reminds me of Italy. The first time we experienced cheese presented in this way was in Colle Val d’Elsa, a small town in Tuscany, it was just one more thing we fell in love with there. The sweet server in [...]
On Fridays I try to keep it light and have a little fun, but today it just seemed more appropriate to highlight the efforts of the first responders, The Salvation Army and the Red Cross, both serving the people of Japan at this crucial time. I love the tag line at the top of the [...]
While preparing to tackle the Test Kitchen Tuesday recipes I stumbled across this recipe from The Nourishing Gourmet for Bacon Irish Soda Bread—honestly, it had me at Bacon (the photo is amazing too). According to Jim Gaffigan, bacon is the fairy dust of the food world, making everything better! I thought I would pass it [...]
Thursday is St. Patrick’s Day so early on I wanted to make Irish food this week. We don’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s; however, I see it as a fun way to learn and expand the recipe file, which is what Test Kitchen Tuesday is all about. Even though corned beef and cabbage is a common meal [...]
When grocery budgets tighten, it is no wonder that meals become simpler with the inclusion of worldwide staples like beans and rice. In my opinion, the folks in Louisiana have the right combination with the Creole classic, Red Beans & Rice. This simple dinner is not only easy on the budget, it is easy to [...]
I cook a lot and from time to time, I enjoy a break from it as much as anyone does. Saturday mornings are my favorite. Each morning during the week there is breakfast to make, kids to send out the door, and the business of managing the household before I can sit down to write. [...]
Armed with a fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of yogurt, my Friday blog-browsing ensued. A few short months ago, I had no idea what a Blog Hop was and less of a clue there was an entire community of them in the foodie blogosphere. A plethora of new discoveries, RSS feeds, subscriptions, comments, [...]
As winter gives way to spring, make sure you adorn your dinner plates with this mild winter squash before the season ends. Acorn squash contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese, folate (folic acid), and is good source of fiber—all that in one very simple and delicious side dish. Maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg bring [...]
Today, is the start of a new project: Test Kitchen Tuesdays I am working on a cookbook and presently in the stage of proofing recipes, as well as trying new recipes that may help round-out the book. The focus of the cookbook will be to show various ways to prepare a single recipe—economize, healthier ingredient [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...