In my search of a notable food blog to feature today, I have to admit it was the picture of the goat that caught my eye, not the food. Raised on a goat farm, it is a natural draw for me. When I saw their blog name and focus on goat cheese, well, I was [...]
If you want a great appetizer for the weekend match-up or your next Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy, Blue Coyote Nachos are just the ticket. Inspired by nachos we had at the Blue Coyote Grill in Palm Springs years ago, this recipe is an instant favorite. Orange goopy, processed cheese peddled as food will [...]
I love soup. I love the warmth on cold days, its simplicity as a meal, how easy it is to customize. It is no wonder that it was the staple, everyday meal for generations past—economical, nutritious, filling—you can find soup recipes for any region of the country or the world. Chicken Tortilla Soup is [...]
I started blogging last year to practice writing. When endeavoring to write a book, or multiple books, the primary advice is to simply, write. Savoring Today, Overcoming Trauma, and The Stuff of Life have all been the collection point for what is inside to come out (it didn’t take long for me to realize I [...]
When Colorado weather hits the 60′s in January, it is time to take a break from the comfort foods of winter and grill a steak. Inspired to take it up a notch, I decided to accent the steaks with Shrimp Scampi—AMAZING! Grilled first then finished in the pan of scampi, the butter, wine, and garlic [...]
Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special. Serve with crusty bread to capture every garlic-lemon-butter bite. Print Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant Serves: Serves 4 Ingredients1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined 1/4 [...]
I love Fridays even more now that I’ve given myself permission to take a break from writing and sip my coffee in search of notable blog posts about food, of course, and featuring those blogs/posts/pictures/stories/recipes here on Savoring Today. I like Chocolate Cupcakes with Flaming Strawberries from Sprinkle Bakes because of the sheer creativity and [...]
Part of Tex-Mex cuisine, fajitas is grilled skirt steak served with onions and peppers to fill warmed tortillas. This recipe, though less traditional, incorporates the flavors of lime, cumin, and smoke flavoring in the Fajita Seasoning Mix for a non-grilled version ideal for a one-skillet supper. Increase the mushrooms and feed a crowd or play-up [...]
According to The Biography Channel, more than 100 million George Foreman grills have been sold worldwide. Add that to the number of patio grilling devotees out there and you might question the need for any fajita mix (authentic fajitas are grilled). This fajita seasoning is ideal for non-grilling fajita fans or those seeking more control [...]
It doesn’t take long for the squawking to start once the avocados are on the counter … “when are you gonna make the guacamole?!” Rather than consider guacamole a condiment, we try to come up with entrées to go with our guac—though, the children see nothing wrong with just having guacamole as the main course. [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- personal retirement planning software: Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across t...
- Equinox review: Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but ...
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...