Each recipe I post on Savoring Today has been tested and enjoyed, personally. Today I thought it would be fun to post an untested new recipe that we could try together. Why would we do that? It just might be fun. At least, that’s this foodie’s point of view and it might even transform a good [...]
When we splurge on wild-caught shrimp for our Sweetheart Dinner appetizer, dressing it with ketchup and horseradish does not suffice. This Thai Cocktail Sauce more than fit the bill with its tangy, sweet, subtle spice culminating in a complex finish—we even dipped our Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp & Goat Cheese in it. The tell of any great [...]
Crispy prosciutto, herb-infused goat cheese, and shrimp all rolled together into an exquisite appetizer for our Sweetheart Dinner. We enjoyed it so much we think it would be great served with a garden salad for an easy weekday meal. Appetizer or main dish, this recipe is sure to bring out the oohs and aahs in [...]
As promised, I am posting the recipes from our Sweetheart Dinner last week. Dinner began with three delicious appetizers; the Bacon Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat Cheese were scrumptious. Savory herbs blended into tangy goat cheese, stuffed inside sweet dates, and wrapped with bacon for a uniquely sweet, savory, smoky appetizer. Applewood-smoked bacon from our [...]
Grilling Tips: Gas or briquettes, it doesn’t matter, if you’ve got ‘em, light ‘em. So what do you do when you have a Saturday in February with temperatures above 50°? Grill here; grill now. As much as I love the soups and comfort foods of winter, it is so good to enjoy the reminiscent flavors [...]
Today it did not take more than one cup of coffee (bummer) to find a unique blog post to feature. I suppose I’ll just let their poetry about coffee suffice. I like the lighter side of Fridays, I like poetry, and I love coffee—life is just better with coffee, especially if a friend is sitting [...]
Wild-caught salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to a healthy diet. Fish is one of those areas of life it is best to go wild. It is superior in taste and nutrition to farm raised, which can be a host for unwanted contaminants. For additional information about the differences between wild and farm [...]
Who doesn’t like crispy hash browns resting beside their eggs for breakfast, but is there a healthier choice than classic shredded russets fried in canola oil? Yes, the answer is sweet potato hash browns cooked in coconut oil. Not really potatoes at all, sweet potatoes are rising in popularity and for good reason—savvy consumers are [...]
We celebrated a delightful Valentine’s Day on Saturday filled with soothing music, delicious food, and sweet moments. No hype, no hoopla, just us. The added bonus is that we discovered some amazing appetizer recipes that I’ll pass along soon—here’s a few pics to share for now. Amazing appetizers to start the evening.
Ah, Friday, a warm cup of French press coffee in my hand (usually a second cup) and interesting food blogs to visit on the agenda. I liked this post because I do like chocolate cake (just don’t eat it as much anymore) and had a good laugh remembering Bill Cosby’s Dad Is Great routine—very fun [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...