Grilling Tips: Gas or briquettes, it doesn’t matter, if you’ve got ‘em, light ‘em. So what do you do when you have a Saturday in February with temperatures above 50°? Grill here; grill now. As much as I love the soups and comfort foods of winter, it is so good to enjoy the reminiscent flavors [...]
Today it did not take more than one cup of coffee (bummer) to find a unique blog post to feature. I suppose I’ll just let their poetry about coffee suffice. I like the lighter side of Fridays, I like poetry, and I love coffee—life is just better with coffee, especially if a friend is sitting [...]
Wild-caught salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to a healthy diet. Fish is one of those areas of life it is best to go wild. It is superior in taste and nutrition to farm raised, which can be a host for unwanted contaminants. For additional information about the differences between wild and farm [...]
Who doesn’t like crispy hash browns resting beside their eggs for breakfast, but is there a healthier choice than classic shredded russets fried in canola oil? Yes, the answer is sweet potato hash browns cooked in coconut oil. Not really potatoes at all, sweet potatoes are rising in popularity and for good reason—savvy consumers are [...]
We celebrated a delightful Valentine’s Day on Saturday filled with soothing music, delicious food, and sweet moments. No hype, no hoopla, just us. The added bonus is that we discovered some amazing appetizer recipes that I’ll pass along soon—here’s a few pics to share for now. Amazing appetizers to start the evening.
Ah, Friday, a warm cup of French press coffee in my hand (usually a second cup) and interesting food blogs to visit on the agenda. I liked this post because I do like chocolate cake (just don’t eat it as much anymore) and had a good laugh remembering Bill Cosby’s Dad Is Great routine—very fun [...]
A new favorite snack, these really help satisfy those mid-morning hunger pangs. I discovered the basic recipe on Enjoying Healthy Foods blog a few weeks ago, tweaked it to suit my own preferences and thought it was too good not to share. I love how easy it is to customize, that I know exactly what’s [...]
In a conversation with a 20-something friend of mine, the topic of Valentine’s Day came up. Her sentiments closely resembled those of many of the young people I talk to—Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday, NBD (no big deal). I mentioned that while you’re dating it probably doesn’t seem very different from any other date, [...]
My Ultimate Meatball Sandwich recipe was published at AT&T Food & Home, how fun is that?! When this recipe was featured last year, I made it with Ciabatta rolls purchased at the store. Now, we make these with French rolls made from soaked grains, so this delicious sandwich just got healthier. Tender meatballs dressed in [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Keyword2: I'm going to right away grab your current feed as...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...