Since our soaked grain adventure began a few months ago, the one bread I have missed more than any is French bread. Unable to find any recipe on-line that used authentic cooking methods for this type of bread which included soaking the grain, I decided to try to convert a basic recipe found on Famous [...]
Submitted by: Monica Bryant One of our favorite Christmas traditions is new jammies for Christmas! Every year since my oldest daughter was a baby, I have made Christmas pajamas for my girls. I choose fabric that is relevant to their year i.e. ballet print when they got their pointe shoes, teddy bears when they loved [...]
There is no shortage of opinion on Christmas trees—artificial, natural, its symbolism, appropriateness, environmental impact—even within families. Even though we have talked about purchasing a pre-lit artificial tree for years now, we always gravitate back to a natural, aromatically pleasing, pine tree. According to our kids—it’s tradition! They want nothing to do with an artificial [...]
Submitted by: Rachel (24) My dad’s mother loved to work in her kitchen. She was known for her recipes around the holidays. She made tons of different Christmas cookies for friends, but saved her Christmas Wreath for her family on Christmas day. She passed away five years ago after battling Alzheimer’s for five years before that. [...]
Submitted by: Donna Lorrig The Advent Log is by far our family’s favorite Christmas tradition. Over 20 years ago the pastors of our church invited us over for their Advent Log time and gave us our log. This is simply a log from wherever you can find one with 1/2 holes drilled along the top [...]
“Traditions, traditions. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as… as… as a fiddler on the roof!” Tevye proclaims in the classic musical. Our traditions serve as ballast, connecting generations in continuity. Savoring Today is celebrating family traditions that revolve around Christmas or Hanukkah and would love to hear yours. Stories of favorite [...]
Take advantage of abundant winter squash while avoiding empty carbs. Recently, my husband declared spaghetti squash Vegetable of the Year. This from a guy who has never been a fan of any sort of squash. It was his way of saying, “make this more often,” and I have to agree. A new favorite for us, [...]
In the midst of compiling recipes for a cookbook, I pay attention when my husband says, “this just made it into the top 10″ while eating dinner. It’s not a new recipe, but rather than making do with I had on-hand to pull it together, we made a trip to the store for fresh ingredients. [...]
Offered by Pati Micciulla: Guest Author, Friend and Cooking Buddy My neighbor, Judy and I cook together once a month. Sometimes just the two of us. Other times, close friends like Donna joins in. We have had as many as four women cooking meals for our individual families. Four women times fourteen meals times twenty [...]
Hands clasped around the table; heads bowed for blessing, Family, friends, neighbors, and the like, Young and not-so-young trade glances and warm hugs. Thoughts linger over those afar and those gone-on, The holiday, an excuse to ruminate on deeper things, It’s the people in our lives that stir these emotions. Gathering around the food we [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- personal retirement planning software: Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across t...
- Equinox review: Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but ...
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...