1. Jed Gray (sportsglutton)
    November 14, 2012

A breakfast burrito everyday…that is quite the chore. Glad you found a short cut, and why have I never made sweet potato home fries before?? Sounds like breakfast is calling me!
    Jed Gray (sportsglutton) recently posted..2012 Thanksgiving Day White Wine RecommendationsMy Profile

• Judy
      November 14, 2012

Jed, I think you’ll like sweet potatoes this way, just don’t skimp on the salt … just something about the salty and sweet. 🙂

2. Karen (Back Road Journal)
    November 14, 2012

Home fries are delicious but I’m like Jed, I haven’t made them using sweet potatoes. I’ll have to rectify that soon.
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted..Schwarzwaldstube…The Culinary Highlight Of Our TripMy Profile

3. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    November 14, 2012

I’ve made sweet potato fries a lot but I’ve never “home fried” them like this. I want some right now. 🙂
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Bread PuddingMy Profile

4. Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods
    November 15, 2012

Ooooh delicious! These look amazing. Can’t wait to try it out! I have some sweet potatoes lingering in my pantry…
    Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods recently posted..Fresh FlowersMy Profile

• Judy
      November 16, 2012

Thanks for commenting Tammy, if you like sweet potatoes, you’ll love these. 🙂

5. mjskit
    November 15, 2012

I had to laugh reading this because when I was growing up we ate whatever Mama put on the table for breakfast. We didn’t really have a choice. 🙂 What a good mother you are! Love Sweet Potato Home Fries!!! I’ve never made them with bacon grease but, since I do have a jar in the fridge, I will be using that next time. So simple and so good! Yours look delicious!
    mjskit recently posted..Pinon BiscottiMy Profile

• Judy
      November 16, 2012

MJ, I know exactly what you mean, we never had any input on what was served when I was growing up either. I think that influenced my desire to be more accommodating to my kid’s likes and dislikes over the years. I know I feel better about sending them out the door with something I know they will eat. 🙂
      And the bacon grease … I remember mom having a can of grease on hand all the time. We don’t cook bacon nearly as often as when I was a kid, but I have learned to render beef tallow and make ghee. Good stuff!

6. ChgoJohn
    November 15, 2012

You know, Judy, I’ve never considered making a large batch of home fries and storing them for later use. This is a great idea, especially for the one-person household. And it’s downright scary when you take the time to read labels. Something as plain as home fries should not have an ingredient list of over 2o0 items. I like your idea of convenience much better.
    ChgoJohn recently posted..The Ketchup that Came Down the MountainMy Profile

• Judy
      November 16, 2012

Read a sour cream label some time, it’s crazy what they put in there. It’s been a long time since I cooked for just one, though the time is approaching quickly when our youngest graduates in May that it will be only two. Something tells me there will be food to give away or I’ll have to really refine my storing skills. 🙂

7. Raymund
    November 19, 2012

We used to growing up with this kind of fries, sweet potatoes are so abundant in the Philippines we have different snacks made out of this wonder root crop
    Raymund recently posted..Sunday RoastMy Profile