It has been a while since I’ve had creative time in the kitchen; we’ve been in maintenance mode since the end of June. A string of easy, go-to meals became a real lifeline … sometimes dependable, get-it-on-the-table (boring) is what life demands. Yes, even food bloggers have seasons when inspiration is lacking and we rely [...]
So, you have dinner on the table with the last ounce of energy you could muster for the day and the thought comes to you, how I can garnish it? … Uh, hardly. I know, it should be enough to have dinner done every day, but a simple garnish can transform a meal from ho-hum [...]
While visiting Italy a few years ago, we marveled at the flavors created by simple, quality ingredients. Caprese Salad was on our list of classic Italian food to savor; it was a memorable part of our trip. Traditionally served as a starter, or appetizer, it can also be a refreshing summertime lunch. With only a [...]
Wild-caught salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to a healthy diet. Fish is one of those areas of life it is best to go wild. It is superior in taste and nutrition to farm raised, which can be a host for unwanted contaminants. For additional information about the differences between wild and farm [...]
Take advantage of abundant winter squash while avoiding empty carbs. Recently, my husband declared spaghetti squash Vegetable of the Year. This from a guy who has never been a fan of any sort of squash. It was his way of saying, “make this more often,” and I have to agree. A new favorite for us, [...]
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta is a particular favorite when vine-ripened tomato flavor is at its peak. Local farmer’s markets are a great source for providing superior results, as tomatoes and basil take center stage in this recipe.
There is no better place to enjoy the deeply traditional and distinct flavors of pesto, than while sitting at a seaside restaurant in the Liguria region of Italy.
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...