THIS … WON THIS … for Burger and Brat Week AND THIS … The Grand Prize Thank you, Fine Cooking for hosting the Grill-lympics Challenge and all the sponsors, especially Fire Craft and Char-Broil for sponsoring terrific prizes. There were a lot of delicious entries in this challenge, you’ll want to see for yourself. I [...]
I hope that you already got your shopping list ready to make the Pancetta-Gruyere Burger with Grilled Vidalia Onions posted last night (so very delicious!). The inspiration for this burger was the Fine Cooking Summer Grill-lympics and IT IS A FINALIST! Now it’s your turn! If you think it’s a burger worthy of the prize [...]
Grilling for more than 20 years with a serious love for coffee that spans the same time, I’m not sure why it has taken so long to try a coffee rub to season ribs. After reviewing a number of options for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I landed on this recipe from Recipes Planet, persuaded by the [...]
Boneless, skinless grilled chicken breasts are easy to make and freeze, versatile for an array of meals throughout the week. Though lean and quick cooking, chicken breast needs help in the flavor department, so I am always on the hunt for good marinades. This recipe from Bon Appétit looks promising for this week’s Test Kitchen [...]
Before loading the blanket in the car and heading for the annual fireworks and funnel cakes extravaganza, something has to hit the grill for the evening barbecue. Everyone has a favorite that speaks “July 4th backyard barbecue” to them—pasta salad, watermelon, hamburgers, macaroni salad, baked beans, BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, steaks, apple pie, and [...]
Coleslaw is a fresh, crisp, traditional barbecue companion. As much as I love classic slaw made with cabbage, it is inspiring to find new, creative ways to use the abundance of summer produce available now. In a recent issue of Bon Appétit, there was a variety of beautiful and creative combinations for slaw to accompany [...]
In addition to cookbooks, I love browsing cooking magazines. Gwyneth Paltrow was featured in the June issue of Bon Appétit, highlighting her new cookbook, My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness. I don’t know yet if I will become a big fan of her cookbook, but I do like her attitude toward [...]
Of course, you can throw the usual burgers and brats on the grill, but if you’re feeding more than a handful of people burgers can be dry or cold before your guests get one on a bun. BBQ Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are an ideal choice to feed a crowd. Easily prepared ahead [...]
Grilling is more than an occasional summertime excuse for a party around our house—it is a year-round brave-the-weather habit. Over the weekend, temperatures hit the 80° mark here in Colorado and my cedar planks were ready for duty. This recipe was used to grill chicken for Chicken Alfredo and it was amazing with its [...]
While browsing the BBQ tag on Food Press this morning—for some reason BBQ just sounded good at 6:00 am—I found this video of someone painting with BBQ sauce. The next time I light the grill I might be inspired to use more care in how I slather on the smoky-savory stuff after watching this video, [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...