Snickerdoodles are a splendid, uncomplicated cookie. Cinnamon and sugar create a delicate crispness, while the butter keeps them soft and chewy just below the surface. Even when cookies and pastries are made with whole wheat flour, sweets of any kind are rare at our house. When I do make them expectations are high, and the [...]
Even with the best of plans, Test Kitchen Tuesday slid right on into What Happened Wednesday—the case of too much “life” packed into a single day. I had planned to ask my daughter to make a Snickerdoodle Cake for my birthday yesterday (part of the “life” that took over), but she had a lemon cake [...]
As winter gives way to spring, make sure you adorn your dinner plates with this mild winter squash before the season ends. Acorn squash contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese, folate (folic acid), and is good source of fiber—all that in one very simple and delicious side dish. Maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg bring [...]
Nuts can be a great protein snack, but they can also leave folks with a heavy, bloated feeling. After a bit of nutritional research I discovered that nuts have enzyme inhibitors that cause the discomfort and the full nutritional value is more available when soaked and dehydrated. For more detailed info on this subject, check [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...