Before you even think about arranging some sort of gathering at your house, there is one thing you must have … The phone number to your local Chinese, pizza, or sandwich delivery joint. Really? Absolutely. And you must be willing to dial the phone. Everyone needs a back up plan and the good sense to [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for July 31, 2012—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Were you wondering if we could sustain yet another week of highlighting peaches? Well, I was willing, but there were not enough peach recipes to justify a peaches-only highlight. Sad, but true. [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for June 5, 2012—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Highlights from last week: Beefy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers by Louanne’s Kitchen is another way to have all the flavors of enchiladas without gluten, grain, or extra carbs from tortillas … [...]
Last week when I made this Jalapeno & Gouda Crab Dip appetizer to proof the recipe before the Super Bowl, I also made Crab Cakes with Mango-Lime Sauce (recipe to follow next week). The crab cakes were a surprise for my husband—we had the house to ourselves, so it was the perfect opportunity for a [...]
It was a delicious day in the kitchen working on appetizer recipes for the Super Bowl with Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks as the next recipe highlight. Crispy coating, fragrant herbs, tender zucchini, and rich marinara create a fabulous vegetable delivery system. Baked to crunchy perfection, Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks are a healthy [...]
Last week I posted a note about Monthly (Batch) Cooking and the wide variety of meals you can prepare ahead and freeze. This Chicken Teriyaki is one of the meals we made last week from a recipe inspired by Raymond at Ang Sarap. There was a time when we used a bottled sauce, but with [...]
When we decided to eliminate white flour from our diet years ago, a good French baguette was the one thing I missed most. Bread with soup, bruschetta, crostinis with baked brie, homemade croutons, and garlic bread were all off the menu until I could find or make a better alternative. Converting from white to whole [...]
Last night was a make-it-quick night; the chicken had to be roasted in pieces and the side dish simple. One-Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf was a cinch to make and its citrusy flavor, earthy kale, and toasted-seed crunch turned out to be an excellent side for roast chicken. I made a couple substitutions based on [...]
It is always fun when I can share a recipe from a cookbook review, it is a little bit like sharing a secret with a friend. Although I couldn’t post the recipe for Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce, I hope it gave you a feel for the variety of recipes compiled in The Food52 [...]
Occasionally I discover something that makes me feel like I have been living under a rock … Punchfork is one of those things. Let me just say, WOW. This site is the ultimate feed for Pintrest foodies with a seemingly bottomless screen—so much to pin, so little time. In this case, I’ve only been sheltered [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...