Submitted by: Donna Lorrig The Advent Log is by far our family’s favorite Christmas tradition. Over 20 years ago the pastors of our church invited us over for their Advent Log time and gave us our log. This is simply a log from wherever you can find one with 1/2 holes drilled along the top [...]
Poignant, revelatory, and gut-level stuff by a tried and tested young wife (Laura Tucker) with a heart for God. This one is worth printing and pondering.
Toward the conclusion of this pilgrimage, we rested beside a clear and peaceful pool of water. As we knelt to cup the water in our hands, I was amazed to see how my reflection had changed.
I love kitchen tools and techniques, especially those that save time or enhance flavors. Since Christmas, I have been honing my craft through select recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, noting her affinity for the mortar and pestle. She wasn’t opposed to modern devices, but she did like cooking as [...]
The Thorn has been a central part of the way New Life Church has reached the Colorado Springs community during the Easter season for a number of years now. Our daughter, Kristen (14), was six when she was cast as the little girl Jesus swings around during the scene where he is playing with the children, [...]
Sometimes there is just nothing left to pray. It’s been said, requests lifted, thanksgiving expressed, so you wait for an answer. Emotion catches in your throat if you think about it too long. You believe everything has been surrendered … again. Trusting, believing, hoping, all require energy and perseverance. More than you think you have. You feel distracted as [...]
sa·vor·ing\ˈsā-vər-iŋ, ˈsāv-riŋ\ verb 1 : To taste or enjoy with zest: relish 2: to appreciate fully: enjoy or delight Savoring Today is a blog dedicated to fostering an attitude of intentionality regarding family, friendship, faith, as well as good food. In the hurry of the world around us, there is pressure to move on to the next thing whether it is technology, to-do lists, [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...