Yesterday, with the storm blowing outside, I was ready with a fist full of recipes. Sausage and Lentil Soup was already on the docket, along with sprouted wheat bread recipes, both dinner rolls and French bread. Mid-morning, the creative process kicked in and this recipe lined up in my head like a military march. I [...]
College is a season of life with precious little time or money for nutritious food. Most meals are heavy on carbs to fuel the schedule, yet light on the sustaining nutrition the brain requires. However, being a well-fed college student goes beyond checking the mail for the next care package or searching the grocery aisles [...]
I love versatility, using my imagination or current cravings to make something new out of something ordinary. Vegetable medleys are the flexible foodie’s dream—utilizes what you have, gives everyone something they like (or will eat without a fuss), nutritionally well rounded, easily introduces new vegetables at dinnertime. Choosing colorful varieties adds interest while roasting caramelizes [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
Sweet potatoes, like most root vegetables, are not very exciting by themselves, which may be why they usually get dressed-up with marshmallows or brown sugar. Personally, I have never been a fan of sweet food during dinner—I like dessert to follow the main meal—so I prefer sweet potatoes more sassy than sweet. Building on a [...]
In the midst of compiling recipes for a cookbook, I pay attention when my husband says, “this just made it into the top 10″ while eating dinner. It’s not a new recipe, but rather than making do with I had on-hand to pull it together, we made a trip to the store for fresh ingredients. [...]
It’s Monday night in October, which means another chance to watch football and enjoy a warm, hearty meal like Beef Chili. Sure, turkey chili has its place, but tonight its beef for dinner and a lot of it in this chili recipe—the carnivores in your life will love you for it. Serve with cheddar cornbread, [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Thanks Paul, I appreciate the feedback, it helps m...
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...