Snickerdoodles are a splendid, uncomplicated cookie. Cinnamon and sugar create a delicate crispness, while the butter keeps them soft and chewy just below the surface. Even when cookies and pastries are made with whole wheat flour, sweets of any kind are rare at our house. When I do make them expectations are high, and the [...]
By Donna Helzer, Guest Author and Friend If you ask around there are dunkers and non-dunkers in life. Non-dunkers just do not understand dunkers and there is no convincing them. I am a dunker. Of course, I dunk cookies into milk, but my coffee with cream is host to various things…toast, muffins, cookies, scones, and [...]
Today’s Friday cookies are Snickerdoodles. Making cookies or any baked items in Colorado can be a little tricky. Our alpine desert can leave cookies crumbly or flat as a crepe if the flour isn’t just right. Not only do these cookies stay soft and moist, they are also made with whole wheat flour. I have [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...