Over the past few months, I have experimented with a number of gluten-free recipes, especially on those nights our daughter will be home for dinner. I have had some great hits and some real misses trying to find what works and still tastes good. Cupcakes, stews and sauces, and pancakes all turned out, but pie [...]
I read a plethora of magazines, cookbooks, newspaper articles, and blogs about food, so there has to be some way to keep tabs on what I hope to create in my next kitchen adventure. For cookbooks or magazines, there is always a stack of post-it notes nearby to mark pages. Emeril’s new cookbook, Sizzling Skillets [...]
This popular takeout dish will make you want to grab chopsticks and dig in, unless of course, a fork is closer. But who needs takeout? With just a little extra care in the prep, this dish comes together quickly and easily with beefy, noodley, tender vegetables in savory perfection. Preparing Beef Lo Mein at home [...]
It’s Test Kitchen Tuesday, so it is time to add something new to the recipe collection. Seafood Lo Mein sounds so good right now, I am looking forward to trying this recipe I discovered on emerils.com—the sesame oiled noodle cake really piques my interest. Just glancing at the ingredient list, I can tell already that [...]
Here in the foothills of Pikes Peak we are used to capricious weather, sometimes 40° swings in a single day. Spring is our most fickle season as ladies schedule their pedicures yet keep their boots close at hand. Meal planning in the spring is tricky if your food-mood follows the forecast like mine. Comfort foods [...]
When grocery budgets tighten, it is no wonder that meals become simpler with the inclusion of worldwide staples like beans and rice. In my opinion, the folks in Louisiana have the right combination with the Creole classic, Red Beans & Rice. This simple dinner is not only easy on the budget, it is easy to [...]
Each recipe I post on Savoring Today has been tested and enjoyed, personally. Today I thought it would be fun to post an untested new recipe that we could try together. Why would we do that? It just might be fun. At least, that’s this foodie’s point of view and it might even transform a good [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...