Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Tuesday Blog Hop for May 7, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! With three birthdays in 18 days behind us and Mother’s Day, graduation, Memorial Day, my mom’s birthday, and a friend’s bridal shower just around the corner, you could easily dub [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Tuesday Blog Hop for April 30, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Our youngest is graduating in just three weeks so I am easily distracted by party food as we plan her grad party, which is sure to be a ton of [...]
When close friend’s kids are old enough to get married, it feels a lot like when your own kid’s birthday candles exceed two hands and then both hands and feet, you wonder where the years went. It is the milestones of life—showers, weddings, births, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, and many others, which remind us of the [...]
In March, the food world turns its attention to everything green in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, but for me the focus is on four weddings in the next two months. Since I am involved in three of the bridal showers, ivory and white have overshadowed the green theme. In the midst of planning appetizers [...]
Last week when I made this Jalapeno & Gouda Crab Dip appetizer to proof the recipe before the Super Bowl, I also made Crab Cakes with Mango-Lime Sauce (recipe to follow next week). The crab cakes were a surprise for my husband—we had the house to ourselves, so it was the perfect opportunity for a [...]
As promised, next week we will continue to highlight party appetizers in anticipation of the Super Bowl—Caramelized Onion Dip and Jalapeno Crab Dip—two recipes sure to grab some attention at the table. In the meanwhile, to stay true to our theme, here are a few more links I liked for their straightforward ingredients and unique [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
If you want a great appetizer for the weekend match-up or your next Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy, Blue Coyote Nachos are just the ticket. Inspired by nachos we had at the Blue Coyote Grill in Palm Springs years ago, this recipe is an instant favorite. Orange goopy, processed cheese peddled as food will [...]
It doesn’t take long for the squawking to start once the avocados are on the counter … “when are you gonna make the guacamole?!” Rather than consider guacamole a condiment, we try to come up with entrées to go with our guac—though, the children see nothing wrong with just having guacamole as the main course. [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 28, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- financial help: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am als...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...
- Karen (Back Road Journal): Just stopped in to see if your area was safe from ...
- Raymund: I love this so cheesy delight, look a those! I thi...