There is something about ricotta cheese I simply adore. Maybe it’s the way it cradles companion flavors, softens the tone and enriches the texture of any dish. Or maybe it is the way ricotta partners with a layer of sauce, balancing the nuance of herbs, acidic tomato, and meat. In these Cheese & Spinach Stuffed [...]
What is it about Italian food? Is it the simplicity of fresh flavors we love so much? I have often wondered if basil comes in a perfume … the sweet aroma draws me in like nothing else. Garlic? Oh yes, please. Cheese, bread, wine … yes, the Italians have got it goin’ on. Then there [...]
It was the sauce that drew me to this ah-may-zing recipe; Emeril has got it goin’ on in Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders with this one. I do not think it matters much what type of beef or pasta you put with it either, the sauce carries the meal. Wine, shallots, garlic, fresh herbs, [...]
Each week as I review scores of recipes for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I am reminded of the endless possibilities in the culinary world—flavors, textures, temperatures, all waiting to be explored. Like any great adventure, disappointment and thrill are part of the risk and reward. Last week, the Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta was a disappointment. However, [...]
This is one of those recipes I have had tucked away for a long time–anything with six cloves of garlic has promise, right. Pasta dishes are ideal for a quick weeknight meal, use Tinkyada brown rice pasta and it’s gluten-free too. Basil is at its peak right now, available at most farmers markets—I anticipate that [...]
Simple Italy is a blog that I follow (yes, it does feed my inner Italian) and when this recipe arrived in my inbox this morning, I instantly found inspiration for Test Kitchen Tuesday. I simply cannot wait to try this dish! It is no secret that we love Italian food, but Spaghetti Al Farouk is [...]
Butter, cream, cheese, are all part of this beloved classic sauce. The interpretations can vary widely, somewhere between bland and flat to overly salty and processed tasting due to fillers in place of real cream. I avoid ordering Alfredo in restaurants for that reason, never knowing which side of the spectrum to expect. I like [...]
Each recipe I post on Savoring Today has been tested and enjoyed, personally. Today I thought it would be fun to post an untested new recipe that we could try together. Why would we do that? It just might be fun. At least, that’s this foodie’s point of view and it might even transform a good [...]
As the weather turns colder, main dish salads of summer give way to warm, comforting suppers. The goal around our house is to make wintertime meals as healthy as they are soothing. Pasta dishes like baked ziti are especially satisfying, but often avoided because of the glycemic index, gluten intolerance, or heavy carb load. This [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...