Sometimes, life just takes over and routine is pushed aside for the unforeseen. That was the story of the today, so Feature Friday is getting a late start, but at last it’s ready to roll. This post from Cupcake Project made me do a double take, unsure if my eyes were playing tricks on me [...]
Butter, cream, cheese, are all part of this beloved classic sauce. The interpretations can vary widely, somewhere between bland and flat to overly salty and processed tasting due to fillers in place of real cream. I avoid ordering Alfredo in restaurants for that reason, never knowing which side of the spectrum to expect. I like [...]
One of my favorite things to do is share a coffee date with my husband at Barnes & Noble and peruse the latest cookbooks while sipping my caramel latte. On a recent java-rendezvous, I discovered Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy by Lidia Bastianich, and since hubby was paying attention for birthday ideas, it [...]
Grilling is more than an occasional summertime excuse for a party around our house—it is a year-round brave-the-weather habit. Over the weekend, temperatures hit the 80° mark here in Colorado and my cedar planks were ready for duty. This recipe was used to grill chicken for Chicken Alfredo and it was amazing with its [...]
This popular takeout dish will make you want to grab chopsticks and dig in, unless of course, a fork is closer. But who needs takeout? With just a little extra care in the prep, this dish comes together quickly and easily with beefy, noodley, tender vegetables in savory perfection. Preparing Beef Lo Mein at home [...]
In honor of so many celebrating Cinco de Mayo, I decided to look through my cookbook, The World’s Finest Food for inspiration for Test Kitchen Tuesday this week. Tacos with Picadillo looked interesting and simple to make—a new twist on an old standby, for sure. According to on-line sources, picadillo is a traditional Latin American [...]
Like chocolate, bacon is always worthy of Feature Fridays, especially when this kind of creativity is involved. As soon as I saw someone was making bacon cups, I imagined whole line of bacon dinnerware—edible cups, bowls, plates is the ultimate way to go green, right. This is not just eating everything on your plate; this [...]
While visiting Italy a few years ago, we marveled at the flavors created by simple, quality ingredients. Caprese Salad was on our list of classic Italian food to savor; it was a memorable part of our trip. Traditionally served as a starter, or appetizer, it can also be a refreshing summertime lunch. With only a [...]
I have always been more of a cook than a baker, gravitating toward savory over sweet. However, this week is another birthday at our house with a request for New York-Style Blueberry Cheesecake, so that is the focus of Test Kitchen Tuesday this week—I am even purchasing a springform pan to do this! While researching [...]
Spaghetti Bolognese is not your average meat sauce; it is a sauce you can spend an afternoon falling in love with as its simmering aroma wafts through the house. I discovered Bolognese while watching Emeril Live years ago and spaghetti has never had a better companion. Over the years, this rich, meaty sauce has won [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...