I like challenges, especially when it is a food challenge levied by my husband. There is no one on the planet I want to please more with efforts I bring to the dinner table. From time to time, he will mention a meal he had while traveling or point to a recipe in a cooking [...]
Saturday night friends came over to help us test the Chile-Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos recipe from the Test Kitchen challenge last week. The tacos received rave reviews, truly a fantastic recipe. This sauce was a little something extra I created to garnish the tacos in place of sour cream. Habaneros really bring the heat, so [...]
While browsing the BBQ tag on Food Press this morning—for some reason BBQ just sounded good at 6:00 am—I found this video of someone painting with BBQ sauce. The next time I light the grill I might be inspired to use more care in how I slather on the smoky-savory stuff after watching this video, [...]
When we splurge on wild-caught shrimp for our Sweetheart Dinner appetizer, dressing it with ketchup and horseradish does not suffice. This Thai Cocktail Sauce more than fit the bill with its tangy, sweet, subtle spice culminating in a complex finish—we even dipped our Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp & Goat Cheese in it. The tell of any great [...]
When Colorado weather hits the 60′s in January, it is time to take a break from the comfort foods of winter and grill a steak. Inspired to take it up a notch, I decided to accent the steaks with Shrimp Scampi—AMAZING! Grilled first then finished in the pan of scampi, the butter, wine, and garlic [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...