In my kitchen, picking thyme leaves is considered tedious, though worthwhile. Sorting sprinkles? Now, that takes the cake in the realm of tedious cooking tasks (pardon the pun). I imagine Stephanie at Clockwork Lemon knows like few others the reward of cooking labor when she completes a work of art like this. Yes, an embroidered [...]
Yes, we are still on a pumpkin kick, sure to last until sometime close to Christmas. I must confess I am not a big fan of whoopie pies … So why feature this post? Because when I saw this photo on Pintrest by Hoosier Homemade it made me think of my friend, Rebecca, who LOVES [...]
It is September and in my book, it is time for pumpkin—and ANYTHING pumpkin works for me. Muffins, coffee drinks, yes, even pumpkin ice cream. Here’s a few links that caught my eye and just might soothe the pumpkin beast … have to try them all just to be sure! Enjoy! Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream [...]
Sometimes photos say it all. This is one of those photos. Coffee lovers get it and friends of coffee lovers get it (or have been subjected to it). So what’s the feature this Friday? Hopefully, the feature is your own knowing smile or guffaw. There is a blog post to go with the coffee IV [...]
It is summertime, so everywhere you look there is a new recipe for homemade ice cream. Honestly, this one from We [Heart] Food had me ready to add “buy an ice cream maker” to my errands today. I ♥ ice cream with lots of stuff in it, so this is right up my alley. If [...]
Well, if you are going to indulge at breakfast, I have to think French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes top the list. When I saw this post on Mama B, I had to take a second look at the sprinkles on the cupcakes—yep, bacon! I can almost taste the sweet maple cream and salty crunch right [...]
It is Fourth of July and folks will make some amazing patriotic themed foods this weekend. When this post from Nutmeg Nanny caught my eye last week, I quickly scooped up the recipe for a bridal shower, but then realized a single blueberry on top of this fruity, cheesecake goodness would make a fabulous red, [...]
With a temp forecast of 94° today, my Friday web-cruising was jaded a bit with my desire to find something cool and refreshing. From the moment I laid eyes on these Greek Nachos at Not Without Salt they just seemed to say “summer” to me. They look fresh, light, and ready to invite cool breezes [...]
After 90° temperatures here in Colorado yesterday, it is no surprise these kiwi popsicles at Showfood Chef caught my eye. What can be better than a recipe with two ingredients–especially when one of them is chocolate? These look refreshing, delicious, and fun for summer treats. Enjoy!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...