Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for January 29, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! It’s Super Bowl week with lots of folks getting ready to entertain for the big game on Sunday. Our highlights from last week reflect an emphasis on party food and just happen [...]
Let me begin with a confession. I love onion dip. You know the one with a tub of sour cream and a package of Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix…hand me some potato chips and I’m Super Bowl happy. Well, at least until the sodium and food additives hit me like a ton of bricks [...]
As promised, next week we will continue to highlight party appetizers in anticipation of the Super Bowl—Caramelized Onion Dip and Jalapeno Crab Dip—two recipes sure to grab some attention at the table. In the meanwhile, to stay true to our theme, here are a few more links I liked for their straightforward ingredients and unique [...]
It was a delicious day in the kitchen working on appetizer recipes for the Super Bowl with Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks as the next recipe highlight. Crispy coating, fragrant herbs, tender zucchini, and rich marinara create a fabulous vegetable delivery system. Baked to crunchy perfection, Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks are a healthy [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
In my search of a notable food blog to feature today, I have to admit it was the picture of the goat that caught my eye, not the food. Raised on a goat farm, it is a natural draw for me. When I saw their blog name and focus on goat cheese, well, I was [...]
If you want a great appetizer for the weekend match-up or your next Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy, Blue Coyote Nachos are just the ticket. Inspired by nachos we had at the Blue Coyote Grill in Palm Springs years ago, this recipe is an instant favorite. Orange goopy, processed cheese peddled as food will [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...