It’s been so long now do you even remember the curry adventure we began months ago with Basic Chicken Curry? What about the Beef Massaman? Oh, I hope so. Curry-Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry-Spiced Butternut Squash Soup is a two-fer, two recipes that can be meshed into one or enjoyed separately, but ultimately inviting [...]
I braved the pouring rain yesterday running errands, which included a stop at Whole Foods for Emeril’s Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry recipe. Oh, the stories I could tell about what goes on behind these lovely photos (and the stories my family could tell too!). Sloshing shoes and all, it was worth it! I love to [...]
Coleslaw is a fresh, crisp, traditional barbecue companion. As much as I love classic slaw made with cabbage, it is inspiring to find new, creative ways to use the abundance of summer produce available now. In a recent issue of Bon Appétit, there was a variety of beautiful and creative combinations for slaw to accompany [...]
I saw Spicy Thai-Style Pineapple Wraps demonstrated on Emeril Live, highlighting a cookbook by Food Network Kitchens, Get Grilling. This recipe looks perfect for summer grilling and the spice easy to adjust based on preference. Although it was presented as an appetizer for a grilling menu, I plan to serve it tonight as a [...]
I love versatility, using my imagination or current cravings to make something new out of something ordinary. Vegetable medleys are the flexible foodie’s dream—utilizes what you have, gives everyone something they like (or will eat without a fuss), nutritionally well rounded, easily introduces new vegetables at dinnertime. Choosing colorful varieties adds interest while roasting caramelizes [...]
This week for Test Kitchen Tuesday there are two recipes to choose from—the first, Zucchini & Tomato Sauté, is a “recipe” that I made up last night while sautéing zucchini for a veggie pizza. Since it was ad-lib in my head, there is no doubt the measurements may be off or something missing from the instructions. [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...