This drawing ended Monday, April 30, 2012. Please continue to enjoy the recipes included in this post by clicking on the links in green.
Some browse cookbooks for the photos, others read them like a novel. I prefer to sit and have coffee with a new cookbook, a get-to-know-you session to determine if we’ll end up good friends or simply happy to make the acquaintance. Either way, there is so much to glean from the passionate work in each one. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier is the type of cookbook that makes you feel like you are relaxing in Ree Drummund’s kitchen watching her cook dinner while flipping through a family photo album. It is personal and I like that.
As I wrap up my review of the cookbook, I wanted to share photos of the Thai Chicken Pizza we tested last week—it was a texture-flavor sensation! Matt gave it a 9.5, as you know is hard to come by around here, so this is one we will make over and over again.
And after it was baked, browned, and happy (12-15 min at 425 degrees), we added broccoli sprouts, though you can use bean sprouts too.
Fresh grated carrots and a handfuls of cilantro leaves … I ♥ cilantro.
Then finished it with peanut sauce and chopped peanuts, served with a squeeze of lime and Sriracha sauce at the table.
Enter to win a free copy of The Pioneer Woman’s latest!
There are a number of ways you can enter. Each of the following will be counted as 1 entry, which means you can enter up to 5 times to increase your chances to win. This drawing ended Monday, April 30, 2012.
1. Leave a comment on this post.
2. Subscribe to Savoring Today (top of the right column) and leave a comment to let me know you did.
3. Share this post on Face Book and leave a message that you did so on the Savoring Today Face Book page.
4. Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter with a link back to this page and mention @savoringtoday in your tweet.
5. Email friends (no minimum) about the giveaway with a link back to this page and either cc: [email protected] or leave a comment here that you did.