When friends were over Friday evening, of course the conversation turned to the exciting news of being selected to preview Emeril’s Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders. As we passed it around the table, oohs and aahs mingling, each one scoured the titles and mouth-watering photos. Food is personal, so suggestions on what to cook next were all over the board—paella, stuffed poblanos, duck salad—cuisinal variety only one valuable aspect of the book.
Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders simplifies a recipe choice by categorizing each recipe by its prescribed pan. For family dinners, scan the titles under Skillets and Sauté Pans or Woks. When friends are coming over to watch the game, Dutch Ovens, Big Pots, or Slow Cookers is sure to feed the crowd. Emeril highlights the delicious possibilities of each vessel with recipes for any palate from around the globe.
In a cookbook so rich in possibilities, it was difficult to choose only a handful of recipes to feature. Although I cannot share all the recipes in detail, a highlight of the following is a good representation of this fantastic collection. Here’s what you can look forward to in coming weeks:
Rigatoni w/ Beefy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce ~ Skillets & Sauce Pans
Turkey Club Casserole ~ Casseroles & Baking Dishes
Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry ~ Dutch Ovens
Big Boy Meatballs and Spaghetti ~ Big Pots
Wok Seared Duck Salad ~ Woks
Mushroom and Fall Squash Barley Risotto ~ Slow Cookers
Are you ready to toss your hat in the ring to win a free copy of Emeril’s latest?
There are a number of ways you can enter. Each of the following will be counted as 1 entry, which means you can enter up to 5 times to increase your chances to win. This drawing ended Sunday, September 18.
1. Leave a comment on this post to let me know which of the above mentioned recipes would appeal to you the most.
2. Subscribe to Savoring Today (top of the right column) and leave a comment to let me know you did. IF you are already a subscriber, let me know that too!
3. Share this post on Face Book and leave a message that you did so on the Savoring Today Face Book page.
4. Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter with a link back to this page and mention @savoringtoday in your tweet.
5. Email friends (no minimum) about the giveaway with a link back to this page and either cc: [email protected] or leave a comment here that you did.