- 1 package active dry yeast — (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sugar or honey
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk — (100° to 110°)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + more for pan and brushing on crust
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Arrange oven racks so that one is in the lowest setting and one is in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or a large bowl, mix brown rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt until well combined. With the processor running, pour yeast mixture, olive oil, and vinegar through the chute and process until it forms a soft ball of dough, about 30 seconds. If mixing by hand, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the mixture begins to clean the sides of the bowl and forms a soft, yet sticky ball of dough.
- Brush a non-stick pizza pan with olive oil or line pan with parchment paper (parchment paper works best). Place dough in the middle of the pan, and with oiled or wet hands, press into shape, crimping edges to form a rimmed edge. Set aside and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Place on the lower rack and bake for 8-10 minutes until dough is set and just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and brush edges of crust with olive oil.
- Top as desired and return to middle rack of oven and back for 10-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: Serves 3