Fresh asparagus roasted in the oven in less than 10 minutes for a simple and tasty side dish.
- 1 pound asparagus — ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Position top oven rack in the middle of the oven, approximately 12 inches under broiler and turn broiler on HI. Prepare asparagus by trimming fibrous ends. Arrange asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet so that each spear is touching the pan and separate. Drizzle with olive oil and roll asparagus to coat well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set asparagus under the broiler for 10-12 minutes, checking and turning (rolling 1/4 turn) asparagus every few minutes until lightly browned in spots and crisp tender. Cook slightly longer if a softer texture is preferred.
To roast asparagus more quickly, position oven rack just 6 inches below broiler, roast for 5-6 minutes.
- Calories: 165