As a food blogger, I receive scores of offers to try products or promote content. Many of them don’t fit with what I’m trying to do—ditch convenience foods and drive thru lanes and prepare healthy, delicious meals in my own kitchen.
But Sun Basket is different. Three meals delivered to my door with recipes and fresh, organic ingredients to prepare.
Three Meals Delivered. No shopping. No meal planning.
But fresh produce? In the mail? I was skeptical. So, let me show you exactly what it looked like:
The packaging was top-notch and I could tell how fresh the ingredients were by how long they lasted. One meal waited in the fridge for five days before I could get to it. The greens and herbs were still fresh and not a sign of wilting.
Did I mention everything arrived pre-measured? It’s like having your own sous chef.
As you can see by the photos, we enjoyed the White Bean & Ricotta Pizzetta (vegetarian), Braised Chicken Arrabbiata, and Roast Salmon to serve 2 people, which was a $68.49 value.
That’s $11.41 per serving (includes shipping), landing right between doing it all yourself (planning, shopping, prepping) and eating out (more expensive and rarely organic).
Sun Basket is designed to be a weekly subscription service, but you can skip weeks at any time.
Just set up your profile, choose the three meals you want, and the next week, Bam! It’s delivered. You still cook, but most of the prep, measuring and thinking is already done.
Using and recommending Sun Basket was an easy decision because their service closely aligns with my own Food Philosophy.
Here are the things I liked most about it:
- Weekly recipes to choose from. Recipes developed by an award-winning San Francisco chef with an array of quick, healthy recipes, including Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian options for 2, 4, or 6 people
- Sustainably sourced, hormone-free meats and seafood arrives fresh, nicely trimmed, and securely packaged
- Healthy, 30-minute meals that are not carb-heavy, but focus on fresh side dishes instead
- Recipe cards with photos so you know exactly what it should look like
- Generous portion size—we had leftovers from every meal (our 2 serving meals could have easily fed 2 adults and 1 small child)
- Tasty, new flavors to experience—I discovered that I liked Kalamata olives in a citrus salad
- Organic non-GMO produce
Who would get the most out of a service like this?
- New moms needing to reduce trips to the store and still have fresh, healthy meals
- Working parents sharing cooking duties (you’ll appreciate the pre-measured, easy steps)
- Retired couples, empty nesters (it can be hard to shift gears from feeding an army)
- Busy families desiring easy made-from-scratch meals to replace unhealthy dining out dashes
- Anyone needing consistent prompting to prepare healthier food or try new flavors
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
Take a look at their menu choices, pick what suits you, and shortly thereafter you’ll get all the ingredients you need to prepare healthy, delicious meals—from the best farms to your table.
Disclosure: I received a free sample from Sun Basket, however this is not a sponsored post. This post does contain affiliate links which means I receive compensation if you purchase through that link. Thank you for supporting Savoring Today through your readership, comments, follows, encouraging phone calls and emails, book buying, and link clicking—You’re the best!