Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant
Shrimp in a garlic and butter scampi sauce with accents of lemon and basil creates a quick main dish any night of the week.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 -3 Servings
- 1 pound large shrimp -- peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup green onion -- chopped fine
- 3 large cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice -- fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil -- chiffonade
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest -- grated fine
- dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil over med-low heat until fragrant. Add wine and lemon juice, simmer to reduce slightly. Add butter and heat until melted.
Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 3 minutes.
Stir in fresh parsley, lemon zest, basil, and hot pepper sauce; serve immediately.
Calories: 652kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 631mg | Sodium: 1968mg | Potassium: 255mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 5.3mg