Easy marinade for chicken or pork with a kick of chipotle and zing of lime.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar , or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Whisk together all the ingredients in medium bowl. Place marinade and chicken in gallon-size zipper-lock bag, positioning chicken so it is well covered by the marinade. Press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 25mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.2mg